kids on new years panama canal?

cigarboo

Hello...I'm new to Princess and am considering booking the Dec 28th Panama Canal partial transit. My family normally take Disney or NCL, but the Princess dates work with our holiday schedule.

My boys are 16 and 13...I am hoping the kids club would be somewhat decent. I know Princess normally does not have as many kids on board. Anyone have any experience with a holiday cruise? I read on one post that said their sailing had a total of 11 kids. That would be a huge bummer for us.

I looked at the roll call, but didn't see many posts in general.

Thanks!

Hello...I'm new to Princess and am considering booking the Dec 28th Panama Canal partial transit. My family normally take Disney or NCL, but the Princess dates work with our holiday schedule.

My boys are 16 and 13...I am hoping the kids club would be somewhat decent. I know Princess normally does not have as many kids on board. Anyone have any experience with a holiday cruise? I read on one post that said their sailing had a total of 11 kids. That would be a huge bummer for us.

Thanks!

You can call Princess and they will give you some numbers of kids onboard for that cruise.

Due to the late Dec departure I would not think many kids would be onboard due to school.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

We were on Pacific Princess (the small one) from mid-December 2015 to early January 2016.

Because it's such a small ship and rarely has kids, there's no actual space for a kid's club. They closed the card room and used that space. There were 2 women on board just for the kids. Maybe 15 kids from 5 years or so to pre-teen. So cute.

Every day they lined up and went to the buffet for afternoon ice cream.

They looked like they were having a blast.

We were on the Coral for the 10 night Panama cruise over Easter, so a different holiday, but the same basic idea. There were 750 kids onboard. It was packed to the gills with kids. Just call Princess to find out for sure how your sailing is shaping up. You can call again when it gets closer to the sailing. JMHO, but I betcha there will be plenty of kids onboard!

We were on Pacific Princess (the small one) from mid-December 2015 to early January 2016.

Because it's such a small ship and rarely has kids, there's no actual space for a kid's club. They closed the card room and used that space. There were 2 women on board just for the kids. Maybe 15 kids from 5 years or so to pre-teen. So cute.

Every day they lined up and went to the buffet for afternoon ice cream.

They looked like they were having a blast.

I think the kids' club staff does a terrific job on all Princess ships. OP, I did a Panama cruise on the Coral in October one year, and there were only four kids on the entire ship. You should call Princess and ask how many kids will be onboard. Even if it's only a few, I know the staff will make sure they have fun. I can't drag my grandchildren out of the kids' clubs. :)

Edited by shredie

I'm on that cruise, and on the roll call, and you won't find much on the roll call. It's pretty dead. However, the Coral does have a real kids group, especially during the holiday cruise, and the Dec 28th cruise will be a holiday cruise for many school districts - it is for mine. The Coral does tend to have many more kids than the Pacific does, but not as many as some of the larger ships, perhaps. It's a nice cruise. It'll be our third time through the canal; our second partial transit.

Though there are Teen activities, there may not be enough teens of their age on board during that holiday.

It was my son's experience for his 14 y/o son last 2015 holidays. But do call Princess to confirm ages of teens booked.

I just called and was told thus far, there are 113 teens booked for the cruise with a total of 221 kids. Yay for me...maybe not so much for some of you;).

We are used to Disney which routinely had 1200 kids on board...so this will still seem quiet to us, but I think it'll be perfect.

Can't wait to try Princess...

We did this cruise last year and my kids 18 and 13 at the time loved it. A little less kids on the ship we were on as it was a small ship. Kids still loved it. We are doing another Christmas cruise this year a princes ship.

We did this cruise last year and my kids 18 and 13 at the time loved it. A little less kids on the ship we were on as it was a small ship. Kids still loved it. We are doing another Christmas cruise this year a princes ship.

It was always tough for our boys when they were 18. :(

Thanks!

Omg! Lots of kids on that cruise. We got off on Dec 23, and many kids getting ready to board.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

I just called and was told thus far, there are 113 teens booked for the cruise with a total of 221 kids. Yay for me...maybe not so much for some of you;).

We are used to Disney which routinely had 1200 kids on board...so this will still seem quiet to us, but I think it'll be perfect.

Can't wait to try Princess...

That's a pretty good number for your teens to look forward to a fun cruise. Enjoy!