Complimentary min-bar set-upquestion

jtfnow

You can also call room service and they will swap out items for like items. You prefer bourbon instead of vodka? BTW, there were two small, individual bottles of sparking wine in your refrigerator. Would have been nice for the sail away but we didn't find it till the next day.

You can also call room service and they will swap out items for like items. You prefer bourbon instead of vodka? BTW, there were two small, individual bottles of sparking wine in your refrigerator. Would have been nice for the sail away but we didn't find it till the next day.

Is the sparking wine something new? I've never gotten it in the minibar set up.

No it has been around for several years. You will be given two single serving bottles of Korbel for your welcome gift.

Mike:)

Well shoot! I've gotten the glass of sparking wine for being in a mini, but have never seen the single serve bottles in the minibar either in a suite or as a elite. From other's responses, must be a hit or miss kind of thing.

We have a suite booked for an upcoming Princess cruise...and we are both Captain's Circle Elite members. Does that mean we are eligible for TWO mini-bar set-ups?

No one Elite setup per cabin.

You will get the the setup for the suite, so 2 setups that way.

Well shoot! I've gotten the glass of sparking wine for being in a mini, but have never seen the single serve bottles in the minibar either in a suite or as a elite. From other's responses, must be a hit or miss kind of thing.

The sparkling wine Korbel is not part of the mini bar setup. It has always been handed to us by the steward upon initial meeting along with two champagne flutes. This has been the case for at least 4 years.

Mike😀

Is it possible to switch out the 2 beers, for 2 more little bottles of vodka?

it sure is. I do that each time swapping for Beefeater.

Anything alcohol can be swapped one to one for any other alcohol and likewise anything non-alcoholic can be swapped one for one for non-alcoholic beverages.

The sparkling wine Korbel is not part of the mini bar setup. It has always been handed to us by the steward upon initial meeting along with two champagne flutes. This has been the case for at least 4 years.

Mike

Perhaps.

It was in our refrigerator. I suspect your room stewards may have removed it so he could present it to you as something special.

I'm reminded of this story.

A couple had dinner at a very, very, nice restaurant. After they were seated, the gentleman noticed the table would rock from side to side. Almost immediately, their waiter arrived to place a match book under the table leg and apologized profusely that the table had not been fixed.

After dinner, the gentleman decided to tip extra because of the extra attention (the match book) from the waiter. But, as he was leaving the dining room, he glanced back just in time to see the waiter removing the match book from the table leg.

Edited by RocketMan275

Perhaps.

It was in our refrigerator. I suspect your room stewards may have removed it so he could present it to you as something special.

Sorry but no items are left in the refrigerator awaiting passenger arrival.

And a bottle of Korbel is hardly anything special. We have always given them away.

Really? So where did the soft drinks, beer, and water come from?

Our complete mini bar setup has always been on top of the wet bar in the suite for every cruise we have been on.

And it comes from Room Service.

Our complete mini bar setup has always been on top of the wet bar in the suite for every cruise we have been on.

And it comes from Room Service.

We were last on Regal Princess in March of 2015. All of the liquors were on top of the wet bar. All the items one would expect to be cooled were in the refrigerator. I had not seen Korbel mentioned in any of the posts describing the contents of the complimentary items. I thought some might find it helpful to know that it was there.

Sorry but no items are left in the refrigerator awaiting passenger arrival.

And a bottle of Korbel is hardly anything special. We have always given them away.

Not really true. Our steward had placed beers, some water and soft drinks in our fridge prior to our arrival. Obviously this varies with the steward but nice when they do it in advance.

We have always been given 2 bottles of there sparkling wine at sail away alone with some peanuts.

Well, double bummer!! Not only have I never gotten the little bottles of sparking wine, but now I'm told I've been missing out on the peanuts :eek:

Well, I'm due to cruise in October, so we'll see . . .