Pacific Princess stuck in Dover with no power

jaylee33

Just got word from friends on Pacific Princess which was supposed to embark from Dover today on an 8-day journey-- that they are stuck in pier next to Dover port with no power. For some hours had only dim hallway lights and no waste suction but just informed that backup generator was employed around 8pm local time.

No elevators so only stairs to a buffet of sandwiches on paper plates with plastic utensils. Air in fuel pipes was reported by the captain, but he also indicated that this was not the cause of the power outage which was as of the announcement, unknown.

My friend reported no free bar as of yet, but I was encouraged to post this information here for the cruising community. :cool:

Edited by jaylee33

It's not the best way to start their cruise, but hopefully the Pacific Princess will be on her way soon. It would be great to suffer a minor inconvenience and get some OBC. Thanks for the report, and let us know if you find out more.

Where is the cruise to and how long?

Hope everything is sorted soon. What a terrible start to a holiday. But, as said, better in port than at sea.

8 days and around British Isles, I believe, and they are on a B2B so 16 in total for them. Was just told the generators went off and the lights stayed on (9:20pm local), and plenty of smoke from the stack now, so everyone is hoping for the best.

Captain just announced they are skipping Jersey, the first port.

Pity as it is a lovely place with lots to see and do. Nice to go over to Sark as well. Al that is providing you can get back on time and not be left standing in the hot sun for 2 hours waiting for the "Last Tender"!!!!!!

Pity as it is a lovely place with lots to see and do. Nice to go over to Sark as well. Al that is providing you can get back on time and not be left standing in the hot sun for 2 hours waiting for the "Last Tender"!!!!!!

He's not too fussed about that as they booked B2B and will (hopefully) hit Jersey on second round. :) But that's not to say for the people who are on just the 8 day. I don't think they're moving yet, but I myself am curious what the compensation will be.

Just heard they won't be moving for some hours as required coast guard inspection must take place.

Hopefully they will resolve the power issues soon and get underway.....:):):)

Bob

I am currently on the Pacific Princess. Still at the dock as of 10:30 pm with no word on when we will be departing. Power went out around 4:30 just after the muster drill and right before sail away. While finshing up dinner of salad and sandwiches (while wishing I was in MDR polishing off a slice of prime rib) the power came back on around 8:30. During the captain's last announcement of the evening, he said there would be a letter delivered in the morning concerning compensation.

Really hope you manage to sail soon. Good luck!

Last year we were on Caribbean Princess on a round the UK trip when she suffered propulsion problems. We had to miss Dublin as a result.

We got $250 OBC per person.

I just checked. She is doing 12 knots. Is that normal speed to do after leaving late?

Probably all she needs to do if she is missing out Jersey, her first port of call.

At least the fruit, flowers etc., won't be 'walking off the table' in the Owner's suites as they are prone to at over 20 knots.