Airline(s) least likely to keep flight time before trip

pseudoware

We fly Delta a lot and have never had a problem with Delta. Sometimes the flight schedule changes, but generally it it minor.

I understand alitalia had a habit of cancelling flights and not notifying passengers.

Also, I know more than a few that have had a bad experience on Iberia. I try to avoid Iberia and alitalia.

• 2 weeks later...

We fly delta frequently. BUT, we usually book right when they release their airfare because I can usually get some pretty awesome deals before they go up in price. The downside to that is you will see several changes before your trip. Some aren't a big deal and are only a few minute schedule change.

But last time we flew with them, we were checking in for our flight and I guess they had to change the plane? We had been booked on the plane since the schedule came out, but no longer had seats. Well, I did, but my husband had a standby boarding pass. I called and gave them a piece of my mind. I mean I know someone had to be booted off the plane, because I guess the new plane was smaller but holy crap I was so upset.

I can't remember exactly what happened but since it was for the second leg of our flight that day, we checked in at our first airport and they said they would be working on it while we were flying to ATL and to report immediately to a gate agent when we arrived. We did and we had to literally beg for my husband to get on that plane. I think I told the guy if he doesn't fly neither am I because were going on vacation together not arriving hours apart...They finally found him a seat!

American Airlines, although we booked 10 months in advance tried to bump up to the next flight when we arrived at the airport. They offered us free business class but we pointed out we would miss our connection so suddenly we were back on the original flight.