ROLL CALL - Sapphire Princess 11/12/05

beech2006

We're 7 weeks out, so I thought I would post what I believe to be the first roll call for the Sapphire Princess leaving on 11/12/05 headed for the Mexican Riviera. My partner, William, and I will be taking our first cruise together. (After being together for 10 years, it's about time!)

Hope there will be other family on board. I'm expecting to hear from FuncruiserfrmNJ, as I noticed we both replied to Handsome1975 that we were on the 11/12 sailing date instead of his 11/26 Sapphire cruise.

Anyone else?

We arrive the evening before around 7:20, so we will be just in time for a late dinner. When will you be arriving? Any suggestions on where to spend the night?

We've got a couple of friends (straight) who just moved out there, and I was thinking about contacting them to see if they wanted to meet us for dinner.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok...I'm not going on this cruise, but I just took two cruises on the Sapphire a couple of weeks ago and I need a big favor.

One of the lead singers in the production shows is so hot and I did not get any pictures of him on my cruises. He "came out" (although it's clearly obvious) while hitting on one of the contestants in Princess PopStar and we all cheered to know he was family.

I would DIE for pictures of him in the shows or around the ship. Anyone capable of taking photos of him and emailing me a few? I've done a full internet search and only came up with three of him. I need more...

Any helpers out there?

To FuncruiserfrmNJ: YES! We are ready! :D Have you booked any excursions?

To gomonty: I hope to buy a new digital camera, so I'll see if I can get a shot of him. Other than a hot lead singer, how was the cruise and the ship?

Richard

Got my new digital camera today... William got his passport Tuesday... We are ready!

In PV, we have booked a tour that ends with a Mexican cooking class. Not very adventurous, but he really wanted to do this. That's the only excursion we have reserved so far. We've thought about horseback riding or some other more active excursion on one of the other stops, but no plans yet.

Still no hotel reservations in LA. I plan to talk to the travel agent tomorrow. I'm not even sure where the port is in relation to the airport.

We've decided to stay at the Hilton near the airport Friday night so we can take advantage of the pre-arranged transportation to the port the next day. If we have the energy, we might venture out Friday night, but with the time change and the fact that we won't exactly be close to any hot spots, we will likely just stay put for the night.

We got our tickets today, so it's time to begin counting down the hours. (I wish I could figure out how to attach that countdown thing I see on some posts.:rolleyes: )

Archived