Cost of Cab ride from Galvaston

Captainrobert

I stole this from a Galveston Cruise port website:

"The fare from Houston Intercontinental to the cruise Terminal is roughly $90-110 one-way ($180-220 round-trip)."

Our van taxi from the terminal to Hobby was $96 plus tip one way, for reference.

Have you checked out Galveston Express? It's a new company getting good reviews. $25pp. I'm using it on Friday.

BE WARY OF GALVESTON EXPRESS!! We booked them for a 1:30 pick up from Hobby. At 2:00 we were still sitting there and no shuttle. We called and got a recording saying the voice mail box was full. Called and called over and over and someone finally answered. He told us they were "stuck in traffic" and it would be another half hour. An hour later, no shuttle. A grand total of three and a half hours past our pick up time, we hired a Super Shuttle to get us to Galveston. When we called to tell them that they were no longer needed, Galveston Express tried to tell us that our confirmed pick up time was 3:30 and not 1:30 (keep in mind it was now almost 4:30, anyway). We promptly emailed them back their own confirmation with 1:30 pick up time clearly called out in red and in bold. They ended up refunding our money. I checked their Facebook page and saw several others posted that the shuttle never came and their voicemail box was full.

Their issue is they have ONE shuttle. So if something happens...you're out of luck.

Does anyone know the approximate cost of a cab ride from Galveston Texas cruise terminal to Houston George Bush International Airport, for two people? Are there any tolls also from Galveston to Houston airport?

Thank you in advance.

:)

if you are referring to your return trip to the airport after your cruise disembarks, then you could also look into the airport shuttle offered by your cruise line

BE WARY OF GALVESTON EXPRESS!! We booked them for a 1:30 pick up from Hobby. At 2:00 we were still sitting there and no shuttle. We called and got a recording saying the voice mail box was full. Called and called over and over and someone finally answered. He told us they were "stuck in traffic" and it would be another half hour. An hour later, no shuttle. A grand total of three and a half hours past our pick up time, we hired a Super Shuttle to get us to Galveston. When we called to tell them that they were no longer needed, Galveston Express tried to tell us that our confirmed pick up time was 3:30 and not 1:30 (keep in mind it was now almost 4:30, anyway). We promptly emailed them back their own confirmation with 1:30 pick up time clearly called out in red and in bold. They ended up refunding our money. I checked their Facebook page and saw several others posted that the shuttle never came and their voicemail box was full.

Their issue is they have ONE shuttle. So if something happens...you're out of luck.

Thanks for the heads up. This is the first time I've heard anything negative.

Thanks for the heads up. This is the first time I've heard anything negative.

I just called Galveston Express to move to an earlier shuttle. He did mention that traffic was crazy this last weekend because of a HUGE motorcycle rally on the island. I'm now going earlier than I wanted, but it will give me plenty of leeway.

I just called Galveston Express to move to an earlier shuttle. He did mention that traffic was crazy this last weekend because of a HUGE motorcycle rally on the island. I'm now going earlier than I wanted, but it will give me plenty of leeway.

This was back on October 3...no rally then. Thank goodness we arrived the day prior to sailing, or else we would have missed the ship.

Does anyone know the approximate cost of a cab ride from Galveston Texas cruise terminal to Houston George Bush International Airport, for two people? Are there any tolls also from Galveston to Houston airport?

Thank you in advance.

:)

We just returned from a Royal Caribbean cruise (13 Nov). There is a fixed rate of $160 (1 or 6 passengers) to go from the cruise terminal to Bush International. We were near the front of the line getting off the ship and in the taxi at 7:30 and at the airport at 9:00--no traffic delays. A sign is posted at the taxi stand stating the price to the airports so you know what you will pay before getting in the cab. Cannot remember the price for Hobby, but it was less that Bush International.

Have you checked out Galveston Express? It's a new company getting good reviews. $25pp. I'm using it on Friday.

Our Galveston Express experience from the port to Hobby was far from acceptable. They were late due to an accident, more people seemed to have reservations than seats, and the luggage stacked higher than the back seat without any cage to ensure it would not end up in the passenger area. Our 1130 departure left an hour or so late

Just off the Triumph on the 14th from 21 day B2B...I did see a sign at port that trip to IAH was $160 for a cab. I believe that was for the cab and not per person. It was $95 to Hobby...the wait was long.

Now for my Galveston Express story....

Friends had reserved it for 3 of us (I was solo)....after a delayed pickup at about 2:45 (scheduled at 2- another I45 accident), we proceeded on our way with 2 more stops. Dropped a couple off at Hobby area hotel and then on our way to IAH to drop off those flying out same day. Since we were staying overnight, that was no big deal. Driver asked us where our hotel was, even though the address was printed on manifest. We again gave him address, he called owner, and we were told that was out of their drop off area and we could either be dropped off at IAH or take us back to Hobby. ***??? Why did they take the reservation if the hotel was out of their area.

I decided to cancel the hotel reservation I had and booked one at Hobby where other friends had been dropped off. Finally after 3 1/2 hrs in the shuttle, I got to hotel. My friends that made reservations went back to Hobby and took a cab to the original hotel.

Edited by crzndeb