Rsvp 2013

sej67

Has anyone heard what the 2013 RSVP cruises will be? The website only shows for 2012, but I imagine people who were on the recent cruise have heard what is being or will likely be offered next year.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone remember what month RSVP sailed Alaska in the past?

I am hoping it will be August or even the beginning of Sept. I sailed Alaska once...in Sept and the weather was perfect...

Hope this trip comes to be and the timing is great......

Book me baby, book me.:D

Does anyone remember what month RSVP sailed Alaska in the past?

I am hoping it will be August or even the beginning of Sept. I sailed Alaska once...in Sept and the weather was perfect...

Hope this trip comes to be and the timing is great......

Book me baby, book me.:D

In 2007 we sailed with RSVP on the Amsterdam leaving Seattle the Friday after the Labor Day weekend. We had cold and wet weather in Juneau and Glacier Bay and warm days with blue skies in Sitka and Kethcikan.

Searching on the CC thread I see the 2009 cruise was the last week of August. I think they had some nasty weather that time and skipped a port.

I was on the RSVP Alaska cruise on the Westerdam in 2009.

That cruise was in August (during my birthday!). We had lots of rain and very high seas. We had to skip Sitka because the seas were too high to safely tender. Still a great cruise!

The Alaskan cruise season usually ends by mid September. I think that the last cruise by any company last year was the week of 9/11.

Sorry to bring you bad news!

In 2007 our cruise was Sept 7-14 and there was one more 7-day cruise after that.

In 2007 I sailed on the Amstedam Feb 7-14, 2007 and the weather was mild except in Glacier Bay where it felt like we were sailing on top of a Margarita.

Peter you are correct it was SEPTEMBER 2007 not February. I have February on the brain as I am getting hotels and airfare lined up for next February. I cannot wait to go Mardis Gras and I will have 2 more weeks of vacation in Fort Lauderdale afterwards.

Peter you are correct it was SEPTEMBER 2007 not February. I have February on the brain as I am getting hotels and airfare lined up for next February. I cannot wait to go Mardis Gras and I will have 2 more weeks of vacation in Fort Lauderdale afterwards.

I presume the Caribbean should make it to the website sometime in early summer. RSvP appears focused on selling Europe right now. Apparently, not selling very well, as I have received two emails offering free air.

I presume the Caribbean should make it to the website sometime in early summer. RSvP appears focused on selling Europe right now. Apparently, not selling very well, as I have received two emails offering free air.

I was somewhat interested on this cruise but since I'd be going solo, the airfare promotions they are running mean nothing to me. It's the wrong brand to offer an overnight stop in Ibiza. That is more for the Atlantis brand. The prices and the cruise ship itself they are offering for the price make it not worth it at all. If they start messing with the base price a bit then they might get movement. :cool:

I heard about the New Orleans Mardi Gras cruise. I am wondering if anyone actually has the itinerary for that? Thanks! :)

It's the wrong brand to offer an overnight stop in Ibiza. That is more for the Atlantis brand.

Why? :confused: The RSVP crowd likes dance parties. We had a fun time in Maui on the Hawaii cruise when they threw a big party at the Arts Center - many came from other islands for the event. (It was not an RSVP party)

The prices and the cruise ship itself they are offering for the price make it not worth it at all. If they start messing with the base price a bit then they might get movement. :cool:

They get burnt if the mess around with the prices (both RSVP and Atlantis) as it generates too much negative reactions. That's why they rather offer flight incentives, upgrades etc.

I heard about the New Orleans Mardi Gras cruise. I am wondering if anyone actually has the itinerary for that? Thanks! :)

Check it on the Roll Call: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1575711

RSVP Mardi Gras 2013

Feb 9 Ft. Lauderdale 5 pm (depart)

Feb 10 Key West 9 am - 7 pm

Feb 11 At Sea

Feb 12 New Orleans 10 am (arrive)

Feb 13 New Orleans 2 am (depart)

Feb 14 At Sea

Feb 15 Half Moon Cay 9 am - 4 pm

Feb 16 Ft. Lauderdale 7 am (arrive)

The prices and the cruise ship itself they are offering for the price make it not worth it at all. If they start messing with the base price a bit then they might get movement. :cool:

That will never happen. Once they touch the base rate it will apply to everyone - including the people who already booked. They did that in the past (RSVP Alaska 2009 come to mind) and I don't think they will do it ever again (especially under the new management).

That said, if you would like to go, give them a call. You might be surprised of that they would offer you.

That will never happen. Once they touch the base rate it will apply to everyone - including the people who already booked. They did that in the past (RSVP Alaska 2009 come to mind) and I don't think they will do it ever again (especially under the new management).

That said, if you would like to go, give them a call. You might be surprised of that they would offer you.

After the Caribbean Princess debacle of several years ago, when RSVP was owned by PlanetOut. The new management assured passengers that if fares were discounted just to fill the ship they would apply that discount to everyone.

I’m wondering how much a hit this is going to be for the parent company of both since the Allure didn’t sail full for Atlantis this spring and this cruise for RSVP is looking like it’s not going to come close to selling out either? Hopefully that means returning to smaller ships and more intimate crowds rather than mammoth ships! The Solstice class from Celebrity works quite nicely and is just the size that Atlantis and RSVP need and the service is great to go along with it.

I’m wondering how much a hit this is going to be for the parent company of both since the Allure didn’t sail full for Atlantis this spring and this cruise for RSVP is looking like it’s not going to come close to selling out either? Hopefully that means returning to smaller ships and more intimate crowds rather than mammoth ships! The Solstice class from Celebrity works quite nicely and is just the size that Atlantis and RSVP need and the service is great to go along with it.

The Nieuw Amsterdam didn't sail full for RSVP in February either. I'm not at home right now, but I think the cruise log showed it to be around 200 under capacity.

Actually RSVP's sweet spot seems to be 1,800-2,000 passenger capacity which means HAL's Vista and Signature class ships. The smaller ships ships usually have less balcony cabins and those are always in high demand.

Atlantis seems to do OK with higher passenger numbers up to I'd guess around 3,000.

Archived