Hotel Southampton

vrogers

Can anyone suggest a hotel within walking distance to the PO terminal in Southampton. We are cruising on PO Brittania on 13 August and will spend the night of the 12th in a hotel, but which one would be the best option?

The Brittania is sailing from the Ocean Terminal, just under a mile from the central hotels. Personally, I would not fancy carting my cases that far, especially today as it is 30+ c!. Don't know about Southampton, but a taxi in Edinburgh cost £4.40 for a similar distance.

Holiday Inn definitely - last year we had a fabulous room with huge windows over looking the Ocean Terminal. Watched her sail in very early and have some fabulous shots of us eating breakfast in the room looking out on her. A great way to start a cruise - but make sure you get a taxi !

Ennios Boutique Hotel, it's a very nice restaurant with rooms in Town Quay Road opposite the Red Funnel ferry terminal, so it's very walkable to Ocean Terminal but not so Mayflower. We have used it for City Terminal which was only a 10-15 minute walk with cases.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We cruised with celebrity last year and used the Hilton. It's a few miles out but we got taxi transfers and 15 days parking for £209. The package included breakfast and worked like clockwork. Highly recommended.

Holiday Inn Herbert Walker Avenue is my hotel of choice.

Yes, this is a good plain hotel with a restaurant plus a swimming pool which is available free of charges guests.

Opposite this is the Grand Harbour Hotel a nice hotel with various upgraded rooms and a free swimming pool too.

Regards Keith

I prefer the parking at the Holiday Inn as its on site, the Grand I am never sure if you use the pay and display public parking or the multi storey in the shopping centre as they only seem to have a very small car park of their own.

I prefer the parking at the Holiday Inn as its on site, the Grand I am never sure if you use the pay and display public parking or the multi storey in the shopping centre as they only seem to have a very small car park of their own.

If you use the Grand you park in the car park behind it while in residence then use CPS when on the cruise. If you come from Australia you will not have a car with you in 99% of cases.

Regards John

We stayed at the Grand Harbour. Really nice.

Great breakfast in morning, lounged about then Walked accross the road to terminal. 10 mins.

Easy

Got a great rate as well. £72 per room.

Kezz