Anyone sail the Spirit recently?

sheilapb

We are new to Seabourn, world travelers- and my husband is a reluctant cruiser after an Alaskan cruise with our 4 kids on Princess ( the kids loved it!).

After much research on the luxury lines I felt Seabourn would be ideal for us. My only concern is that some folks noted that Spirit was a bit "tired" looking. I called Seabourn direclty and apparently she was completely refitted April of 08. Has anyone sailed her since then? Would love to hear about your experience. thanks!

I spent 22 days on the Spirit in February and March. I too had heard she was tired so let me assuage your concerns. She looks great. Remember she is 20 years old so she won't be brand spanking new but who cares? Plus the staff was one of the very best I have ever encountered on Seabourn and trust me, that's saying a lot!

I was on the Spirit all of January 09. Yes there were complaints--mostly from first time Seabourn passengers who expected a glitzier ship. As wripro said, This is not a new ship. However it has been kept in excellent condition, and whatever complaints were justified were corrected immediately. There are people who WILL complain no matter what. Then there are those who expect luxury to be about outstanding service, food, pampering and the overall experience. It is the latter group that are devoted to Seabourn. Enjoy your cruise.

Hi,

we spent 56days on the Spirit last year and our only complaint was that the airconditioning in our cabin decided to go to "arctic" mode at one stage, it took a couple of days to get it resolved but once we talked to the hotel manager it was fixed within a couple of hours. Then a bottle of "good" champagne was left in our cabin as an apology for any inconvenience.

No, it wasn't glitzy and we were very grateful for that. It was the first time I have been sad to finish a cruise, it was like saying goodbye to family and good friends when we had to disembark. The crew were superlative, the food and service are 5 star and the we can't wait to experience it again - less than 2 weeks to go.

Jean

Hi Judy,

My email is sheila0315@hotmail.com. We would love to hear your thoughts. I know we will love Seabourn--"glitzy" is not what we are looking for--undertated elegance and lovely people will make the cruise. i just would like to know if the cabins are spacious and elegant and if the public areas are in good condtion. Thanks again. Sheila

Sheila,

look at the pictures of the suites in seabourn.com. What you see is what you get. The suites are spacious and comfortable.

The public areas are in good shape and well maintained. During our recent cruise on the Pride, there was a spill on the carpet near the purser's desk. The crew replaced the carpet in the entire area (around the double stairwell) overnight. On our previous cruise on the Spirit, the standards of upkeep and service were identical.

M

• 2 weeks later...

Archived