Herods Tour

jelayne

We went with Cosol and were very pleased, but we encountered waiting for responses when booking or inquiring from all of the tours we booked on our 5 port Caribbean cruise. I think this is typical and I would give them a little more time if that is the only concern of yours.

It took me a few tries to get a response to Herod but he personally called me after a few. Seems for some reason I wasn't get his responses to my Yahoo email but never had an issue with my Comcast email.

I would definately send him another response and maybe use another email server if you can. I used Herod in January 2014 and would definately recommend him.

I have been trying to get in contact with him for about a week. I tried an inquire from his website and tried emailing him a few times with email addresses I found on here with no luck. If anyone wants to send me his current email address that would be great. I will be there in two weeks so time is of the essence now. May have to book with someone else.

• 2 weeks later...
It took me a few tries to get a response to Herod but he personally called me after a few. Seems for some reason I wasn't get his responses to my Yahoo email but never had an issue with my Comcast email.

I would definately send him another response and maybe use another email server if you can. I used Herod in January 2014 and would definately recommend him.

I agree -- try again. Email communications in the Caribbean are sometimes very slow, particularly if there has been a storm, etc.

Herod's Land & Sea tour is my favorite tour on St. Lucia and I've been on lots of St. Lucia tours. All are good - no complaints, it's just that Herod himself is such a lovely man and having lunch at his Mother's home is very special.

Molly

How far in advance do you book Herod? We don't cruise until August, and I would like to get everything booked now ... but worry that it is too early. Jan

you can do it as far out as you want. his tours require a min of 10 people to go. last time we went he had 2 van loads full. we are going on his tour again in may

Edited by itsrikkig

Me too-not a good sign! I will go elsewhere.

Tried for 1-2 weeks to contact both Spencer and Herod (preferred the latter). Both never replied despite two contacts. Meanwhile Cosol immediately contacted me; did a follow-up email and confirmation. Despite not liking the idea ride both ways to Jealousie Beach, I was so impressed with the upfront customer service, we are going to use his company.

Hi

Ive tried this e mail address it keeps coming back to me if this correct for Herod?

wolf7

sorry, had to jump in to answer. Try this

herod tours @ gmail . com

Of course, delete all of the spaces and voila - the email address

Edited by jean87510

• 2 weeks later...
We really wanted to take the land and sea tour but not enough people are signed up. Hopefully that changes in the next couple weeks since we cruise feb 8. I need another idea in the meantime!

Have you posted about the tour on your rollcall? Thats how I found others to fill the spots. Especially now that you are close to sailing there could be others trying to figure out things to do.

Good luck.

• 5 weeks later...
It took a couple days for us to get a response from Herod, but we did via email. I couldn't have been happier with the tour - it was excellent.

I have a question about the sulfur mud bath, did it ruin your bathing suit?

• 1 month later...

We had a wonderful day last week with Herod and Felixia. There were about 20 of us and did all of the things he promised. It was a FULL day. Lunch at his Mom's house was really nice. They have a large deck outside for eating and served a buffet with a wide variety of foods. She even made mac and cheese since there were children on the tour and she thought they may not like the Caribbean foods so well.

As much COLD rum punch, beer, pop or water as you could drink.

We look forward to attending Felixia's inauguration when she is elected Prime Minister of St. Lucia...and begins to solve all of the problems on the island ;)

Hang tight if you can until Herod gets back to you. We really thought he was worth the wait.

Margaret and Joe

PS We heard of others that paid the same price but had to find lunch on their own

• 4 weeks later...

We booked Herod's Land and Sea Tour and had a great time. They were waiting for us right outside the port building. Our guide was "King" Nigel. He was not only a great guide, he was an excellent driver. He told us a lot about the island, making numerous stops to look at the sites and get out to stretch your legs and get a beverage. Lunch at Herod's mama's house was amazing. The picture on their website doesn't so it justice. I'm a very picky eater, but found plenty that I liked. The fish I had was marlin - never had it before, but loved it. The timing of arriving at the beach was good as many were leaving at the time - so we were able to snag free lounge chairs. Loved the speed boat ride back to the ship. The boat was small, but there was plenty of room to either sit in the shade or sun. The day went fast - glad we chose Herod's.