best way to get from boston port to south station

heziggy

At Black Falcon Terminal the Silver Line bus stops on the street across from the terminal. Very easy and usually very empty unless there is a crowd of cruisers getting on. However, I've found that most folks seem to forego public transit options even if they are as easy as the Silver Line.

At Black Falcon Terminal the Silver Line bus stops on the street across from the terminal. Very easy and usually very empty unless there is a crowd of cruisers getting on.

Can't agree more. Though we were stranded during Hurricane Sandy for 5 days at Black Falcon we used the Silverline bus to get to and from Boston and the rest of the "T". Even transfered at south station from other lines to get back to the ship.

We didn't have bags though, still was easy if we did.

FWIW

thank you everyone. this is a 12 hour port stop. we are considering the all day 'subway' pass (dont know if we can get this w/out a charlie card) and if not we'll probably take the silver line to and from south station and get the citywalk trolley.

You can get a day pass, but I think you have to get it from a ticket machine, which means I don't think you can get it at Black Falcon. The MBTA web site says a day pass is $12 on a Charlie Ticket, which makes sense because the ticket machines dispense Charlie tickets and you can add value to both Charlie tickets and plastic Charlie cards.