Just about to book Oasis - few questions

Yarrowfell

Have decided on a ship and date - Oasis Feb 2016.

Can I book with RC online and then move to a TA, if so is there a time limit? Hoping to get the OBC and WOW from RC and then move booking to a TA for additional perks.

Looking at a balcony (Central Park view) - any suggestions on a good room?

Anything else - haven't cruised RC for a long time :-)

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Have decided on a ship and date - Oasis Feb 2016.

Can I book with RC online and then move to a TA, if so is there a time limit? Hoping to get the OBC and WOW from RC and then move booking to a TA for additional perks.

Looking at a balcony (Central Park view) - any suggestions on a good room?

Anything else - haven't cruised RC for a long time :-)

I have stayed in a Central Park balcony before and enjoyed it. Nothing can beat an ocean balcony, but I enjoyed the CP balcony for different reasons. The CP rocks at night! Love getting ready for dinner and opening my balcony door and listening to live music being played in Central Park and watching people.

Just remember there are CP balconies across from you!! :eek:

Have fun on Oasis!!

Have decided on a ship and date - Oasis Feb 2016. Looking at a balcony (Central Park view) - any suggestions on a good room?

Take a look at the new aft Grand Suites. Huge wraparound balconies and great views. There are only six, so they go quickly.

Edited by TheInnocentAge

Nothing "wrong" with a CP balcony, so long as you don't mind it not feeling at all like a cruise ship, and the balcony having very little privacy.

That being said, when quiet CP is rather pleasant with the piped in noises. Personally, if I had to choose between inside balconies I would choose a boardwalk balcony towards the rear of the ship. At least then you can see the water, aqua theater, etc.

I like to stay between decks 8 and 15 to keep me close to CP (where I eat most breakfast/lunch meals) and the pool deck (where I am when at sea).

Nothing "wrong" with a CP balcony, so long as you don't mind it not feeling at all like a cruise ship, and the balcony having very little privacy.

That being said, when quiet CP is rather pleasant with the piped in noises. Personally, if I had to choose between inside balconies I would choose a boardwalk balcony towards the rear of the ship. At least then you can see the water, aqua theater, etc.

This is true... CP balconies have a totally different feel. Reminds me of Opryland Hotel for better or worse! :p

I had dinner mates on the Allure that stayed in a Boardwalk balcony and they said the bell at the top of the rock climbing wall drove them crazy. Does the bell bother you? I want to try Boardwalk balcony, but worried about the bell and other sounds! :eek:

We are booked for the Oasis in Feb. 2016. We used a ta once and decided we like the freedom of doing it ourselves. I can call RC and take care of anything myself without have to call the ta and waiting for him to call me back with any questions. I am sure there are advantages to a ta but I cannot think of any.

I stayed in cabin number 11229; it has a double balcony. I was told it was because of the need for access to the plant wall, which is beside the cabin. We had a lounge chair plus two regular chairs and table.

Cabin #11629 directly across from it has the same balcony. Those folks kept their luggage and a stroller out there and still had plenty of room.

No noises except for the crickets and string quartet at night.