Nail Strips

simplelife

Yesterday at Target I was buying nail polish and saw the nail strips in fun colors and patterns. Has anybody ever done these? I am barely adequate with doing my own polish and was wonderign how hard they are to and how long they last.

Yesterday at Target I was buying nail polish and saw the nail strips in fun colors and patterns. Has anybody ever done these? I am barely adequate with doing my own polish and was wonderign how hard they are to and how long they last.

You haven't been the only one wondering :) its come up on the boards at least twice I think...

I tried them after they hung around in my nail polish box for months. Personally I didn't find them easy to put on (you have to line them up and then file off the edges..) and I wasn't fond of the way they look. (The shine wasn't quite line normal polish which I think has a lot to do with that.) I had the solid colors... but if I was in the mood for a pattern I would definitely try them again. (Because really, what do I have to lose?)

This is the thread from earlier this month but it did not get as many replies as this one from last year.

Another tip...if you have small nails that aren't super long you could cut the strip in half and use the other half for another nail/toenail/child granddaughter or daughters nails for fun for them too. You have to use them once they are removed from the sealed packaging so I don't think you could save the leftover scraps.

You haven't been the only one wondering :) its come up on the boards at least twice I think...

I tried them after they hung around in my nail polish box for months. Personally I didn't find them easy to put on (you have to line them up and then file off the edges..) and I wasn't fond of the way they look. (The shine wasn't quite line normal polish which I think has a lot to do with that.) I had the solid colors... but if I was in the mood for a pattern I would definitely try them again. (Because really, what do I have to lose?)

This is the thread from earlier this month but it did not get as many replies as this one from last year.

Thanks for referring me to the earlier threads.

Thanks for referring me to the earlier threads.

Oh you are welcome! I remembered them from a while back (because they are what got me to purchasing them in the first place) and you never know if the same members will happen to catch the thread again!

If you try them, be sure to come back and tell us what you think? :)

I can't comment on nail strips, but I can tell you that I just got back from my cruise and I used Impress Press On Manicure by Broadway Nails. Wow! On a whim, I just decided to try this at the last minute after seeing the TV commercials. Never before have I used a product like this. It really did last me a whole week. I took an extra pack of them with me, just in case, but never needed to open them. You can go onto their website and view a video on how to apply them. It doesn't take really any longer than five minutes, but I would recommend studying the packet and viewing the video. I did mine right before bed the night before we were leaving--two days pre-cruise. No problems. The website lists various stores where you can buy them. Very inexpensive--like $5 to $7. I used the color Control Freak--like a solid fuschia--and found a Sally Hansen polish to match exactly for my toes. Forget the strips--use Impress.

I've used them a couple times. They feel "thicker" than polish -- much thicker -- and they last longer. I wouldn't bother with the solid colors, not when plain polish is easier and cheaper. The process is very unlike putting on regular polish, so you can't judge whether you'll be good at this by your current nail-polishing skills.

Pros:

Cool patterns & colors

Less expensive than a professional manicure

Lasts longer than regular polish, and without chips! I removed them only because my nails grew out.

Easy to remove with regular polish remover

Cons:

Much more expensive than plain polish

More effort than plain polish -- the first time you do it, allow an hour for the whole project

The process: Definitely watch the little video on their website and follow the directions completely -- if you skimp on the application, you won't get good results.

Start with cuticle oil /push back the cuticle, then wash your nails well; you need to start with totally clean nails. Matching up the sizes is a little intimidating -- the smaller pieces fit my nails best. Place the strip over the nail and smooth it down. Let the "back end" drape over your cuticle a little, then use the orange stick to smooth the edges and remove the excess; this'll give you a perfect fit at the nail base.

I've been able to cut the larger pieces and use them on my toes. This is a little tough because it means making one piece divide over two toes. The stick is indispensible in making this happen. Admittedly, I do have small toes. I'm not sure I love this. The patterns are cool on your hands -- a little odd on toes. If you want to try to get fingers/toes out of one package, choose a random pattern (flowers, sparkles) rather than stripes or the lace-look. To get 20 nails out of one package, you've got to do some turning/fitting in, and the one-direction patterns'd never work.

You'll love that they're dry instantly; no possibility of nicks and damage to wet nails.

Do follow up with a clear coat.

Archived