So Chair Hogs dont have rights?

JPTexan82

Not saying that im For or Against Chair Hogs. I have to be real careful what I say or the Admins will be upset.

But how is it right for someone to touch someone elses stuff and move it, because in the real world that is a form of assult. But in good faith is it right to move their stuff?

Not even close to any form of assault. Nothing wrong with finding stuff unattended for a length of time and placing it somewhere else. Now taking any of that stuff back to your cabin so that the owner cannot get it, is another story. As long as the owner of the items can retrieve their belongings and items are not damaged, I see nothing wrong with it.

I am probably lighting a powder keg by saying this' date=' but..................[/color']

Why is ok to leave stuff on a chair before the sunrises and don't come back for 4 hours and expect it to be there?

Ok let the beating of a dead horse of a subject begin.

It's not OK, but for ignorant people it is...the rules that carnival sets do not apply to them.

Many (and I didn't say all of them) of these are the same people that think it is OK to speed as long as they don't get caught and it is OK to drink and drive as long as they know they can still drive...

I see it this way.....If somebody left their things on a chair and didn't come back for over 30 minutes I would assume they had gone on to do other things on the ship and forgotten their things. If I scooped it up and gave it to a crew member as lost and found, I think that was me being courteous :) And Oh Look! Now there's a chair open and waiting for me ;)

The ONLY rights a chair hog has is to get their stuff moved...that's about it. Not sure why this is so hard for people to grasp. No one is STEALING your stuff, they are giving it to the towel desk where you can easily go and pick it up or they are placing it on the deck (I do this if it is a pair of flips flops on the chair)

Far from assault. As I remember from the Bar Exam, Assault is intent to cause immediate apprehension of Harmful or Offensive Contact with a person or another.

If anything, it is the movement of mislaid, or lost property, which is not a crime.

Assault? Are you kidding me? :rolleyes:

There is no excuse for waking up at 6 am to run and place one shoe on each chair and then leave to eat breakfast, shower, take a nap etc. If you're really that concerned about getting a chair then arrive ready to place your behind in it. It's not fair to the other 2,000 people on board that would like to sit outside as well. There are a limited number or chairs (and everyone knows this). I'm sure it's an everyday occurrence that people place items on chairs before the sun comes up and arrive several hours later to "claim" their chair. Another person could have enjoyed that chair for a few hours.

It all comes down to be a responsible and reasonable adult. :eek:

I'm pretty certain they taught all of us to share in kindergarten.

If you arrive and promptly sit in the chair (instead of "claiming" it with items), sit there as long as you want. If you decide to "claim" it by placing some random item and disappear for over 30 minutes expect someone to place your belongings on the ground on the 31st minute. :D

So what im finding out here, if you leave your stuff on a chair and lets say you did it at 8am, you leave at 10 am to go get a massage you dont have a right to come back to the chair you were at for two hours already?

Considering your massage lasts well over 30 minutes, then yes, you have no rights. You are a chair hog.

think it's called respect for others and the rules of the place you're at.

rules are made for the comfort,safety,enjoyment of the public, not to be abused or ignored.

We don't have an issue with chair hogs cause we always search out off the beaten path, quiet spots to lounge. rarely do we lounge near the pool.

when I go to the gym at 6-7am, I see people coming out in their PJ's and place stuff on numerous chairs,(even ones they won't be using just so no-one sits next to them) then leave, that is downright rude and un-caring of others, so why should they be cared about? you know they're not coming back for at least a couple of hours (get dressed, eat bkfst etc) and by then, there will be chairs available.

I have never seen chairs not be available by the pool, even on sea days, just not right on top of the pool. Soo you might have to walk a few extra steps or go up a level.

The cruise ship should also adhere to their rules better and have deck people do what is needed to avoid these types of things. I have seen tons of kids at the adult only pools and deck people don't do a thing. but go to the kiddie pool and the parents are questioning your presence and complaining.

you just have to decide if this is that earth shattering enough to take away from your enjoyment and fun on board. or is it just another hic-cup that needs to be ignored.

Nope, no rights to come back. It's kind of being a jerk to think that on a ship with thousands of people your stuff has more rights than someone else. I moved someone's stuff last year, and will again in a few weeks.

My chair hog didn't come back until I had been in the chair for almost an hour...that was after an hour of me watching for them before I moved stuff.

Not saying that im For or Against Chair Hogs. I have to be real careful what I say or the Admins will be upset.

But how is it right for someone to touch someone elses stuff and move it, because in the real world that is a form of assult. But in good faith is it right to move their stuff?

Chair hogs have the right to find another place to sit if they leave their stuff unattended for an unreasonably extended time. :p

So what im finding out here, if you leave your stuff on a chair and lets say you did it at 8am, you leave at 10 am to go get a massage you dont have a right to come back to the chair you were at for two hours already?

You move, you lose!

Why should you expect everyone to save the chair for you?

Now you're getting it! Reserving a chair for over 30 minutes is not allowed. Just because you were the first one to park your butt in it in the morning doesn't mean you own it.

I use the laundromat all the time and the rules clearly state do not leave your items unattended. But people still leave their stuff in dryers and while not begin there and then come back 40 minutes after they are done drying. So stuff gets moved all the time. These are the unwritten rules that apply to both scenarios.

I see it this way.....If somebody left their things on a chair and didn't come back for over 30 minutes I would assume they had gone on to do other things on the ship and forgotten their things. If I scooped it up and gave it to a crew member as lost and found, I think that was me being courteous :) And Oh Look! Now there's a chair open and waiting for me ;)

DITTO! Makes perfect sense to me! And, being a married man, I learned a long time ago to NEVER argue with a woman's logic.:D

Archived