Snorkel Park Beach

Stickboy3327

Thanks for the advice, I was just looking for convenience and I always do worry about making it back in time to the ship. So I guess horseshoe bay it is. Since the ship leaves at 3:30 boarding time is 3:00, what time would you recommend we catch a cab? Do you know how much a cab is?

Thanks for the advice, I was just looking for convenience and I always do worry about making it back in time to the ship. So I guess horseshoe bay it is. Since the ship leaves at 3:30 boarding time is 3:00, what time would you recommend we catch a cab? Do you know how much a cab is?

I would leave at 1:00. It is a 30 minutes drive. That leaves some wiggle room. If you want to do some shopping leave at 12:00 or 12:30. You can take the $7 minibus shuttle. If you prefer a taxi that would be about $34.50.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

Thanks for the input. There are always shuttles at HBB? Do they have showers there?

During the beach season there are minibus shuttles all day. Since you are going next year I would check back on this board beginning of May because sometimes there are changes from previous years but I expect there will be minibus shuttles again next year as that seems to be the way it is moving, more private shuttles and fewer public buses for tourists.

Yes, there are showers and a changing area. Also a concession stand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

• 1 year later...

So I have heard that they now clean the beach daily and there really isn’t that much trash on the beach like it was previously reported - I don’t like to play with time on the last day of a cruise - especially if you have to go 20-30 minutes away - all kind of stuff can happen - these boards are a great source of info - but remember it’s based on people’s opinions

So I have heard that they now clean the beach daily and there really isn’t that much trash on the beach like it was previously reported - I don’t like to play with time on the last day of a cruise - especially if you have to go 20-30 minutes away - all kind of stuff can happen - these boards are a great source of info - but remember it’s based on people’s opinions

I hope that is true cause it was filthy when I checked it out. There was also broken glass on the beach. Ugh. Yes, it is hard to forget bad first impressions. When there are beautiful, natural alternatives I won’t bother with the place again. On the last day I always head for Horseshoe in the morning (at 8:30) and never had any problems getting back in time to have a beer at the Frog and Onion and do a little shopping before the ship left.

Edited by Charles4515

H

So, if on your last day there you want to see fish and hang out and relax within walking distance of the ship I would not hesitate to suggest you go here. I would suggest that you wear water shoes or flippers as the entry is very rocky.

We just got off Escape last week. I'm glad to hear about Snorkel Park. We discounted that place due to all the negative reviews. But on our last day it sure would have been a nice option, as we already hit up Tobacco Bay and Horseshoe a previous day. We loved Bermuda and will be back, so we'll keep that in mind for last day next trip!