visa for Canadians going to Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sir Bani Yas Is,Bahrein and Qatar

we are going on a cruise with MSC Splendida leaving in March 3rd 2018 and I am wondering if we need visas prior to getting on the ship. If yes, would you happen to know the price of the visas?

Also, I heard that if we book a shore excursion with MSC (eg: Barhein where I know we need a visa), they provide the visa for me and it is included in the price of the excursion. Could this be true? Don't I need to show proof of Visa on arrival at the ship?

thanks

Edited by sacramouille

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
This is from MSC website: All in-transit cruise passengers will get visa upon arrival to Oman, Qatar and Bahrain for a stay no longer than 24 hrs.

https://www.msccruises.com/en-gl/Manage-Your-Booking/Before-Departure.aspx

click on Travel Documents and Visas for more detail.

Thank you for The information and link. I am not sure to understand the Dubaï arrival visa. I can't board The plane without a visa?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Since June 2013 Canadian nationals with full passports no longer require a visa prior to arrival into the UAE. Like all those included in the visa waiver agreement your passports will be stamped with a 30 day validity visitor stay upon arrival at the airport....However, you may like to check either your own government site or the UAE embassy site to ensure you do meet the requirements...

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/uae-eau/consular_services_consulaires/visa_uae-eau.aspx?lang=eng

Anne...

• 2 weeks later...
Since June 2013 Canadian nationals with full passports no longer require a visa prior to arrival into the UAE. Like all those included in the visa waiver agreement your passports will be stamped with a 30 day validity visitor stay upon arrival at the airport....However, you may like to check either your own government site or the UAE embassy site to ensure you do meet the requirements...

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/uae-eau/consular_services_consulaires/visa_uae-eau.aspx?lang=eng

Anne...

Thanks!

I ma getting frustrated with The information I am getting from MSC.. They seem to be saying that contrary to what is written.. I need to get my visa for Quatar and Bahrain before arrival... And to contact visahq.com to pay and get it...

Is there a Way to get a final answer on this matter?

Thanks!

I ma getting frustrated with The information I am getting from MSC.. They seem to be saying that contrary to what is written.. I need to get my visa for Quatar and Bahrain before arrival... And to contact visahq.com to pay and get it...

Is there a Way to get a final answer on this matter?

Have you tried the roll call for your cruise to see what other passengers on the same cruise are doing???

Anne

There is no roll call for my cruise.. Car I start one? I ma a newbie...:)

Anyone can start a roll call. Just go to the roll calls for MSC and there should be a list of their ships. Open the one for Splendida and if there isn't one already for your cruise date then start one...

Anne...