Suite advice, please

claranda

Hi All! Our first time on Regent, first time in the Caribbean, have booked quite late on Explorer and are in Concierge E on Deck 6, near the aft elevators. Would rather be further forrard, but all that's left is Concierge D 1215.

I've read a review from someone who was in 1211 (next door), saying they had disturbance from the culinary kitchen on deck 11 below. Anyone have experience/thoughts on this, please? And if we moved high up are we likely to get a lot of movement in the Caribbean in March?

Can't speak for being that high as we were on Deck 8 last time and the seas were calm. Personally, though, I wouldn't worry much about your current suite - the only drawback I see if that the aft elevators don't go all the way down to Compass Rose for dining, so you'll need to meander forward - but our last cruise my mother was in 675 (even further aft) and she and her husband had no issues with the location. The ship isn't that big, really.

But if you do prefer to move forward, I'd be interested in knowing what kind of disturbances one would encounter from something below them - usually noise complaints come from feet and chairs above. Anyhow, any noise from the Culinary Arts Kitchen would likely be during the day, so if you're planning in being in your cabin during the day that could be a problem. If you're planning on being off the ship or out in the public spaces most of the time, it shouldn't be an issue.

Hi All! Our first time on Regent, first time in the Caribbean, have booked quite late on Explorer and are in Concierge E on Deck 6, near the aft elevators. Would rather be further forrard, but all that's left is Concierge D 1215.

I've read a review from someone who was in 1211 (next door), saying they had disturbance from the culinary kitchen on deck 11 below. Anyone have experience/thoughts on this, please? And if we moved high up are we likely to get a lot of movement in the Caribbean in March?

Here is a review from someone just below the kitchen:

"Now for my only serious complaint. We are in suite 1005 which is below the Culinary Kitchen. There is activity in that area from 7 AM till 11 PM almost daily. We have complained but the noise cannot be stopped unless they close the kitchen which they will not do. The cooking classes are only on the days at sea, but the commotion goes on when we are trying to go to sleep and starts when we are still trying to sleep."

On another note, a door to the outside lounging area on deck 12 is right outside the door to 1215, and it got a lot of use and could possibly be heard inside 1215.

Here is a review from someone just below the kitchen:

"Now for my only serious complaint. We are in suite 1005 which is below the Culinary Kitchen. There is activity in that area from 7 AM till 11 PM almost daily. We have complained but the noise cannot be stopped unless they close the kitchen which they will not do. The cooking classes are only on the days at sea, but the commotion goes on when we are trying to go to sleep and starts when we are still trying to sleep."

That is not the Culinary Arts Kitchen. It is the kitchen for La Veranda/Setti Marie, thus it is in constant use every day.

That is not the Culinary Arts Kitchen. It is the kitchen for La Veranda/Setti Marie' date=' thus it is in constant use every day.[/quote']

You sure about that? Seems odd that the restaurants in the aft of the ship would have their kitchen forward like that, right next to the Culinary Arts Kitchen...

If you check out the deck plan, it is below deck 10 where many noisy things exist - including the Culinary Arts Kitchen, Library, Observation Lounge, Card room, etc. We would never book a suite under a restaurant, pool, or most things on deck 11. It is so important to pay attention to what is above and below the suite that you are thinking about booking. Checking the Regent website is the best way to do that (especially if you have a TA that doesn't warn you about possible noise when you are making the booking).

You sure about that? Seems odd that the restaurants in the aft of the ship would have their kitchen forward like that, right next to the Culinary Arts Kitchen...

The kitchen for La Veranda/Sette Mari is right next to the restaurant area itself - aft of the aft elevators. We believe the noise the occupants of 1005 spoke about came from a prep kitchen next to the Culinary Arts Kitchen (between the demonstration kitchen and the library - forward on deck 11).

We had a class D on deck 9 near the aft elevators. I actually enjoyed the location of the cabin. Very easy to get around the ship. Even though the elevators don't go down to Compass Rose - the short walk to the forward elevators takes two minutes. Enjoy the walk on deck 5 or up along the pool, if it is a nice day. For me, we didn't find anything that was bad about the location of the aft. Granted we did travel around the British Isles, and the day we were at the north end of Scotland, where we traveled from the North Sea to the Atlantic Ocean - everyone felt the motion of the ship. But that was only for a few hours. My husband slept through it all.;)

The kitchen for La Veranda/Sette Mari is right next to the restaurant area itself - aft of the aft elevators. We believe the noise the occupants of 1005 spoke about came from a prep kitchen next to the Culinary Arts Kitchen (between the demonstration kitchen and the library - forward on deck 11).

That's kinda what I was getting at...although it seems weird that there would be that much activity going on in there all day... :confused:

Thanks, everyone! I also found the Deck 10 review and decided to err on the side of caution and stick with our original aft-ish Deck 6 suite. The Explorer sounds wonderful and we're looking forward to trying her. We're Seabourn types but looking to branch out..... thanks again.

My advice-- book best available in your category. Keep your eyes open for cancellations. They mostly occur just before final payment. If you transfer within the same category, no charge. We have done it before. Just keep watching.

We love Regent and especially the Explorer. Best ship we have ever experienced. We have three future Explorer cruises waiting for us. You will love it!

Thanks, everyone! I also found the Deck 10 review and decided to err on the side of caution and stick with our original aft-ish Deck 6 suite. The Explorer sounds wonderful and we're looking forward to trying her. We're Seabourn types but looking to branch out..... thanks again.

Which March cruise. We are on eastern leaving March 11. We are on deck 8. Don't anticipate any noise issues.

Which March cruise. We are on eastern leaving March 11. We are on deck 8. Don't anticipate any noise issues.

Yes, that's our cruise.... is it worth signing up for a 'meet and mingle' do you think?