Cavetubing.bz zipline combo?

skittl1321

So, we have booked the cave tubing and zipline combo with .bz

Although the company has thousands of excellent reviews on tripadvisor, it seems like most of them were for cave tubing, and the few negative reviews are on the combo.

Things like getting back to port with minutes to spare, or not getting to zipline at all and not getting refunded? I also see in the reviews that people are on coaches with 50+ people, like a crowded cruise excursion, and not vans like most people mention here.

I am now really really worried about this excursion (even more so because we are bringing a group- and it was "my plan"... I'm worried I will be blamed if things go wrong.)

Can someone assure me things are going to be okay? Someone who did the combo; not just cave tubing?

We did this in January of this year.

We had a great experience. Joined a group that we met on CC. There were ten total. This enabled us to have our own van and driver/guide (Jorge).

Drove about 40 miles to their headquarters, where we used rest room and paid ($75/pp).

Then we went ziplining. Some runs were long and fast. There were 7 runs total through the jungle. Felt very safe. Levi and Israel were our guides.

Then we did the cavetubing, with Jorge and Israel as our guides. Long walk to the river but we didn't have to carry our tubes. The trip thru the cave was very nice.

We got back to their headquarters about 2:30 and had lunch. It was good and plentiful. We left there about 3:00 and even with a flat tire on the van along the way (which everyone got out and helped fix), we got back to the port in time (about 4) to walk around, shop, and ride the tender back to the NCL Jewel. Caught the tender at about 4:30 or 4:45.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm even more nervous now that this has gotten very few responses :(

I did hear back from cave-tubing.bz about their refund policy if you run out of time: official word- they do not grant refunds.

So if we are at all delayed getting off the ship, we just won't zipline. Which is a pretty huge bummer for some of the group.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm even more nervous now that this has gotten very few responses :(

I did hear back from cave-tubing.bz about their refund policy if you run out of time: official word- they do not grant refunds.

So if we are at all delayed getting off the ship, we just won't zipline. Which is a pretty huge bummer for some of the group.

We did the cave tubing zip line combo last January with a group of 6 and had a great time. Refunds are not an issue in that situation because you do not pay until the bus arrives at their place of business. If for some reason there is not enough time to zip line then you simply do not pay for the zip line.

In our case two in our group opted not to zip line, so only paid the $50 for the cave tubing. While we did the zip line our friends who just wanted to go cave tubing were given the offer of a longer float trip that went through one more cave. Food was excellent and rum punch was generous, as others have mentioned.

We were on a Princess ship that started tendering at 7:00AM (Ugh! we are supposed to be on vacation!) and was scheduled to leave at 5:00. We didn't have any problem getting on one of the early tenders and were loaded into a van as soon as enough arrived to fill one. It was maybe 8:30 by then.

I don't remember when the last tender was, but we got back to port with plenty of time to shop a little and then got on one of the earlier tenders before the lines started to get long.

All in all it was a very enjoyable trip, and we would do it again.

We got back from the combo.

To be quite honest, though we all KNEW it was going to be okay, we cut it so close to return to port that all of us were nervous.

We made it back at 4:05, with a last tender time of 4:15.

Of course, there was a giant line, so we got on a tender at 4:40, and then one more loaded up behind us.

But if a ship ever did have its tenders leave on time, well, it would be scary. Or if anything happened to the bus (because at those speeds, wow...)

It just seemed like the first half of the trip was way too leisurely (maybe they could drive out to the site a bit faster?) and I would have preferred to not stop for lunch, as yummy as it was.

We did the cave tubing zip line combo last January with a group of 6 and had a great time. Refunds are not an issue in that situation because you do not pay until the bus arrives at their place of business. If for some reason there is not enough time to zip line then you simply do not pay for the zip line.

This is not how our tour worked. We stopped at the place where we paid, paid, and then went on to the tours. We did the tours, went back to the place where we paid and ate lunch.

In the case of the reviews I was worried about, they tubed first, and then were told there was no time for tubing- and did not get a refund. (Which is what I was told by email would happen- no refunds.)

In our case, we did zipline first, so cavetubing the guides can speed you along by pulling harder...

But since we paid before doing any of the tours, just not paying isn't an option.

It would be better if rather than "no refund" they collected payment after the tour. But I can understand why a business might not want to.

Thanks for following back up on your Original Post. So many people don't do that!

We have this tour booked for our cruise in November. We've been to Belize before and did the cave tubing/zip line combo, but through Major Tom. We wanted to try something new so this time we booked .bz. It's nice to hear you had a good experience, even if the timing was a little iffy. I figure they cannot have people be later EVER...that would put them out of business.

I have a question about the ziplines...would you consider them to be "beginner"? Or are there options for those who have more experience and want a little more thrill? The last time we ziplined in Belize I found it to be very fun, but not all that exciting. We have the opportunity this cruise to zip line in Honduras, too. At first I thought, I don't need 2 zip lines, but now I'm thinking I may want a more exciting experience in Honduras....reviews for there say taller towers/more speed.

Hmmm... well, I didn't do the ziplines because I am pregnant, but based on what the people who came back said, I don't think they would be considered "extreme". They sounded longer/faster than any zipline people in our group had done in the states though. Everyone in our group who went was super happy with them though. This is a video of the first (warm up) zipline:

someone in our group took. Apparently, there was the option to turn back after this one (which some people on the tour took)- and then you were committed, so I expect the ones after this were a bit faster, longer.

To be quite honest, while I think you get slightly less of cave tubing when you zipline; I thought it was plenty long enough- the zipline only costs an extra $20; which IMO is unheard of cheap, so even if you plan to go in Roatan, you might as well go in Belize too.

It was a really fabulous trip. Probably my second favorite ever cruise excursion behind Eli's Eco Tour in Antigua. Next time I hope I can go ziplining!