R2 prix fixe menu for vegetarians?

quakecountry

Oh how I love the way we pick at others when their terminology does not suit us. It makes these boards SO welcoming to newcomers! :rolleyes:

To answer the OP's question - yes, the set menu (which is what I read that you intended to convey) can be altered to accommodate dietary concerns. Seabourn is wonderful when it comes to accommodation and a vegetarian friend of mine had no problem dining in R2 on the first night of one of our sailings.

If you make your dietary concerns known to Seabourn on your guest registration preferences (online in your profile), you'll be invited to a special meeting on embarkation day where you personally go over your preferences with a member of the kitchen staff. For the duration of the cruise, you'll receive your own menu (in advance, I believe) marked with the items you can have or what can be modified for you.

OP: you may want to also mention that gelatin be excluded, as some dessert items (not just in R2, but at all venues, especially the lunch dessert buffet at the Colonnade) contain gelatin. You may want to call or email ahead of the cruise for vegetarian gelatin or substitute (e.g. agar) to be ordered for you.

Edited by sfvoyage