Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Might be a "glitch" but check out Adventure of the Seas for 3/12/16

Currently showing categories Int/OV/Balcony/Junior Suite for $380 for a solo. Don't know if they will honor it. Yesterday a JS was $5188....

Wow...I looked for this as soon as I woke up and saw your post! Great for those that were able to book...hope they honor it!!

This one sails in just two weeks, but maybe cruisers on the West Coast will be interested. No solo supplement.

Norwegian Jewel

October 18, 2015

Mexican Riviera

7-nights

inside cabins starting at $349 - $419

oceanview starting at $399 - $579

(port fees/taxes $116.01)

Norwegian is still offering their pick a perk promotion (choose one): $25 OBC, internet access, 4-meal dining package, beverage package or $50 per port shore excursion credit.

Additionally, for 2015, Norwegian allows two future cruise credits (FCCs) to be applied to a single cabin. I snagged an inside I1 for $535 total and used 2 FCCs so only paid $35 out of pocket.

Pretty snappy deal really because I received $125 OBC when I purchased each FCC, so I lowered my effective cruise price to $285. That's a bargain in my book.

Thank you Logan25! Different 2015 sailing, but just applied 2 FCC's and reduced my solo fare by $500. Total out-of-pocket only $214. The NCL rep had to go "ask a supervisor" about the "2 FCC deal", but he came back and did it. Any way you crunch the numbers, it's a great deal for a week at sea. May I ask how you knew about this promo...your own PCC, travel agent, or just great sleuth skills? Bottom line...thanks for the post!

Thank you Logan25! Different 2015 sailing, but just applied 2 FCC's and reduced my solo fare by $500. Total out-of-pocket only $214. The NCL rep had to go "ask a supervisor" about the "2 FCC deal", but he came back and did it. Any way you crunch the numbers, it's a great deal for a week at sea. May I ask how you knew about this promo...your own PCC, travel agent, or just great sleuth skills? Bottom line...thanks for the post!

I think I heard about it from our PCC back in the summer. We were automatically assigned a new one and he gave us a cold call. I was not in the market to book a cruise when he called, but he did relay that valuable piece of information.

I think I heard about it from our PCC back in the summer. We were automatically assigned a new one and he gave us a cold call. I was not in the market to book a cruise when he called, but he did relay that valuable piece of information.

Very interesting. Thanks again for the heads up. Really love these boards. :)

Breakaway prices are starting to freefall for October.

I am waiting on 10/18 but now 10/11 has BX's for $699 and perhaps around $800 or so to pick your balcony. 10/4 had good deals as well

Right now 10/18 BX's are $1,124 but those will drop as MANY people on roll call are upgrading from balconies to minisuites hence flooding the market.

Please note the fungolf tournament held the last day in bermuda which will be fun and include mini golf. worth the cruise alone just for that!

Logan25:

Great deal and I would have joined you but I'm already booked on a TA.

It'll be a bit warmer than our Alaska cruise. Have a great time!

Joe

One of these days, we're going to turn up on the same ship again. The odds are good considering how many times each of us cruise a year. I don't know who's going to drink my free wine this trip.

And hopefully my flight experience goes better this time. Good luck and enjoy the TA. I'm waiting until retirement for that experience. One year and counting down!

Lynn

Edited by logan25

THe NCL Breakaway has 0% single supplement on the October 11th sailing to bermuda. I am SUPER SAD I can't find a decently priced last minute flight or I would be SO THERE.

Recent sailings to Bermuda have been either very rough or totally cancelled the port and rerouted up north. I did it in August and it was great, but wouldn't want to do it now.

I booked an inside guarantee on Caribbean Princess all in for $768 12/6 sailing.........I was happy with this rate considering it was less expensive than was showing on their website

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wish I could consider some of these short-term deals, but I have cruises booked for 10/26 and 12/6. Right now I'm looking at March or April 2016.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not only that, but so many of the deals for solos are longer cruises. I need 7 days or less!

I booked an inside guarantee on Caribbean Princess all in for $768 12/6 sailing.........I was happy with this rate considering it was less expensive than was showing on their website

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I talked to an NCL agent just recently. I was, and still am, looking for Solo cruise rates beginning after the Holidays. He quoted me $777.78 inclusive, out of Houston (Bayport) beginning 2 January for 7 days. There is also a $75.00 advance parking fee or $84.00 the day of departure. I would have jumped on it but that weekend is still the Holidays for me, so, for now, I've begged off. He did tell me that during the following weeks he could get me something as good but it would cost about $100.00 more. Just for your information.

Never had that experience.

No third party site will just waive the single supplement.

I have booked/seen several 0% SS on the cruise line sites over the years.

Issue with using 3rd party booking engines, they won't reflect your status discounts.

You could be right - I noticed that most cruise lines' sites themselves continue to display double price up until the moment of right before actual booking.

But, in all honesty, most of my bookings I did through agencies' sites - they do offer more incentives than lines themselves.

Like NCL for Nov 23rd Gem - agency added $200 OBC in addition to $100 by NCL and another NCL for AARP membership=$400

If I booked directly - it would have only being $200

Breakaway prices are starting to freefall for October.

I am waiting on 10/18 but now 10/11 has BX's for $699 and perhaps around $800 or so to pick your balcony. 10/4 had good deals as well

Right now 10/18 BX's are $1,124 but those will drop as MANY people on roll call are upgrading from balconies to minisuites hence flooding the market.

Please note the fungolf tournament held the last day in bermuda which will be fun and include mini golf. worth the cruise alone just for that!

10/18 breakaway, 0% supplement all categories

Insides 499. Oceanview 649. Balcony 699. suite. 1049

Do the sites that you guys find better pricing on allow you to book online yourself, or do you have to make phone contact with an agent?

If you see a price on the site you can book it online. It's always a good idea to call in and make sure you are getting all the perks available

You might be leaving a lot on the table.