Is Billy Hygate still with Princess

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We also enjoyed Billy Hygate as CD on Sea Princess (originally Kungsholm, later Victoria, now Mona Lisa I believe), back in 1989, Osaka to Vancouver.

If memory serves correctly, his wife is/was a principal dancer/choreographer for Princess. Don't recall her name at the moment.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

He was probably my favorite CD of the 4 Princess cruises I have taken. He was very personable and did a great job. I have hoped we would get him again. We are booked on the Emerald Princess in Oct of 08, but sounds like he will be on the Golden for awhile. I am not sure how often they switch.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Billy is now on the Sapphire Prince doing Hawaii at this time.

008153.jpgseawitch.gif Billy Hygate

Cruise Director Billy Hygate?s career at sea started in 1972 as a cabaret entertainer onboard the S.S. Canberra. He continued to entertain passengers onboard the "big white ships" of the P&O line until 1983 when he joined the Pacific Princess for what was to be a one-year contract, 26 years later he is still with Princess!

He accepted the position of Cruise Director in 1989 and has since held that position on Royal, Sky, Pacific, Crown Regal, Fair, Sea, Dawn, Star, Diamond, Sapphire, Island and Coral Princess.

Billy hails originally from England but now makes his home in California where he lives with his wife Cindy, sons Andrew and Cameron and their Golden Retriever, Winston.

Mark.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

He was our CD on a 9/25/15 Ruby Princess cruise we just completed. Good man.

Here's a clip of a funny "shopping talk" he did.

Edited by Host Walt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
we just got off the ruby today (10/25/2015) and Frank Castiglione was the CD. but for a upcoming cruise in December the emails say Billy Hygate is on-board.

Billy Hygate was the CD on the Ruby Princess for the 4 day Coastal cruise 9/25-29/15.

• 3 weeks later...