Mayan Princess or other beach resort day passes?

chrissydj

My husband and I are looking for a resort with day passes: he found Mayan Princess online, but does anyone have specific details with how they pick you up from the cruise port? We will be at Mahogany Bay.

Also, any other beach resort recommendations? We love the beach, but just want to hang out and relax on our own time, with the option to leave when we want to head back to the ship. Thanks!

Chrissy

Sailing on Caribbean Princess, March 8-15, 2014

It's all the same beach....west bay....any cab will take you there and just pick a depot with chairs...caution: cab drivers will rob you blind so set rate first...beautiful beach!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Well, Chrissydj and I booked a private tour with Victor and we are really looking forward to it. I've looked at TripAdvisor, of course here on the forum, and many other places and it's just about impossible to find a bad review of his company. We are looking forward to having a private driver all day, where we can hit the beach when we want to, maybe find a nice local restaurant, and get some nice photos of the island as well. This seems like the perfect option to really experience the island, rather than just the overly touristy areas like Carnival's creation of Mahogany Bay. And you really can't beat the price. Is the walk from the port to where the car is located really that big of a deal? We are both fairly young and in good shape, so we don't mind walking it if it's not really that far. Thanks for the advice everybody!