Early saver change to Pack & Go

deedle7544

Not realizing the change in category, I put in the form for a $70 price drop. just had an email from Carnival, they will honor it but move us to GTY. Which I think I am fine, but I was curious, does that mean we are now p&g and nt eligibl for other price drops?

What would you do?

This is what the email said

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

The rate your requested is available under our Pack & Go Promotion, which only offers IS/OV/BL categories. In order for us to be able to reprice your reservation to the lower rate you requested, you must forfeit your current cabin assignment and a new cabin number will be assigned by Carnival up to 24 hours prior to the sailing. Please reply back to this email within the next 24 hours and let us know if you still want us to proceed with the price adjustment you requested. Thank you for choosing Carnival.

This is what the email said

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

The rate your requested is available under our Pack & Go Promotion, which only offers IS/OV/BL categories. In order for us to be able to reprice your reservation to the lower rate you requested, you must forfeit your current cabin assignment and a new cabin number will be assigned by Carnival up to 24 hours prior to the sailing. Please reply back to this email within the next 24 hours and let us know if you still want us to proceed with the price adjustment you requested. Thank you for choosing Carnival.

It sounds like a new catagory change & would not be early saver anymore. They will assign you a whole new room. If you like the room you picked I would leave it how it is. You never know what room they will assign you & you may not like it. It's probably one of the less desirable rooms....Just wait, there may be some more price drops for early saver before you go.

Nope you would still be considered ES~ BUT until you are assigned a cabin you can only price match against guarantees~ then when you get your cabin you can price match to the category that you were assigned. I've done it before~ It helps to have a PVP in case there are any issues~

Much thanks to both of you - I think I was more worried about staying ES than where we end up. I'm willing to roll the dice and see where we end up, but since I'm not paying, I want to make sure I know the details before letting SO decide.

I love these boards and picking everyone's brains! We leave Sep 13, this price drop woulod put us at $84.75 pp pn, I don't think it would go much lower for a balcony.

I just did this exact same thing.

1. We will still be early saver regardless.

2. I was in an OV room on the Riveria deck so I figured that even with the GTY room it can't get any lower so I went for it. I was given a room on the Riveria deck that is actually more in the middle of the deck than my original room.

I was pleased with my result because Carnival just paid me to move to a better location.

Quick update for everyone (because I hate it when people ask a question and never come back with the results). I talked to SO, he did not want to risk a bad location and felt like $70 was not worth it. I emailed Carnival back and declined the OBC. Then, on a whim, I lookd again. Past Guest is now $10 less. AWESOME! Thats a DoD, I'll take it. I'll now be checking constantly, but hey - I got $10 and kept out good location.

Quick update for everyone (because I hate it when people ask a question and never come back with the results). I talked to SO, he did not want to risk a bad location and felt like $70 was not worth it. I emailed Carnival back and declined the OBC. Then, on a whim, I lookd again. Past Guest is now $10 less. AWESOME! Thats a DoD, I'll take it. I'll now be checking constantly, but hey - I got $10 and kept out good location.

Good choice! I did the guarantee one time and ended up under the disco. Never again!

I have booked a balcony suite on the Empress deck, forward. THe price drop for me is over $300. My question is, can they move me down to a lower deck? Is there anyway to know what cabin you will get in advance (can we talk to anyone)? I assume not, as all of us would have done so!!! Can't hurt to ask.

I have booked a balcony suite on the Empress deck, forward. THe price drop for me is over $300. My question is, can they move me down to a lower deck? Is there anyway to know what cabin you will get in advance (can we talk to anyone)? I assume not, as all of us would have done so!!! Can't hurt to ask.

Its unusual to find a guarantee suite rate.. what rate is it? (Like past guest, senior, etc. ). Since this thread is called pack n go and I never saw suites with pack n go, and you say you are booked in a suite, thats why Im asking. They arent going to ever let you move all the way down to a balcony rate if you are now booked in a suite unless you arent ES and its before final payment.. so Im just trying to figure out what you are asking. Hard to answer when I am confused.

If you are asking to give up your cabin, there is no way to know what suite carnival would assign instead... you might not know until you board with a gty.

Archived