Spa Balcony (B9), Deck 14, Starboard.....

wasiii

.....searched the posts and did not find the answer to my question.

For anyone who has stayed in these balconies, did you have any issues at all (other than rude guests ;)) staying in these cabins. Deck 13 below has guest cabins and deck 15 above has the Spa Thermal Suite, Salon, etc. above it.

Just looking for constant peace and relaxation during this cruise from the Spa and our cabin.

:cool:

wasiii

.....searched the posts and did not find the answer to my question.

For anyone who has stayed in these balconies, did you have any issues at all (other than rude guests ;)) staying in these cabins. Deck 13 below has guest cabins and deck 15 above has the Spa Thermal Suite, Salon, etc. above it.

Just looking for constant peace and relaxation during this cruise from the Spa and our cabin.

:cool:

wasiii

I just returned from the 6/9 sailing and was in spa minisuite 14170. I did not encounter any rude guests near my cabin, but as I mentioned in another post I did not find the spa experience very relaxing, the spa was often very crowded, and it was almost impossible to get any time on the thermal loungers. Where my cabin was located we heard a good deal of noise from above in the early morning hours when the area was being cleaned and chairs moved.

For the above reasons plus the balconies on Deck 14 are very small, I actually downgraded my CAS cabin comp for my 12 day Breakaway cruise in 2015 from a spa minisuite to an aft balcony as I will likely get more relaxing time on this larger balcony than I would in the spa, and opt to book a treament or two with the money I will not be spending on getting a spa pass.

I just returned from the 6/9 sailing and was in spa minisuite 14170. I did not encounter any rude guests near my cabin, but as I mentioned in another post I did not find the spa experience very relaxing, the spa was often very crowded, and it was almost impossible to get any time on the thermal loungers. Where my cabin was located we heard a good deal of noise from above in the early morning hours when the area was being cleaned and chairs moved.

For the above reasons plus the balconies on Deck 14 are very small, I actually downgraded my CAS cabin comp for my 12 day Breakaway cruise in 2015 from a spa minisuite to an aft balcony as I will likely get more relaxing time on this larger balcony than I would in the spa, and opt to book a treament or two with the money I will not be spending on getting a spa pass.

.....on the September 1 cruise the B1's were cheaper than the B9's by $50 pp, not enough to compensate for the weekly Spa pass cost, but I was going to buy the passes anyway. I had to switch the cruise to a week earlier, August 25, and the B1's were more expensive than the B9's by $50 pp. so we decided to go with the B9 and maybe even try and get a Cabana in Vibe for the week because of the small balconies on the cabins.

I have to pamper my wife, she is a diva and must be treated as such.

;)

wasiii

.....on the September 1 cruise the B1's were cheaper than the B9's by $50 pp, not enough to compensate for the weekly Spa pass cost, but I was going to buy the passes anyway. I had to switch the cruise to a week earlier, August 25, and the B1's were more expensive than the B9's by $150 pp. so we decided to go with the B9 and maybe even try and get a Cabana in Vibe for the week because of the small balconies on the cabins.

I have to pamper my wife, she is a diva and must be treated as such.

;)

wasiii

Your plan makes sense, especially with the spa passes at $199 pp for the week. Have a great cruise, and think you will really enjoy the Breakaway as it is a really beautiful ship.

I had 3 spa cabins on 14. 14722 and 14716 were spa balconies and very peaceful (starboard). 14156 was a spa mini suite (port). 14156 had noise in the middle of the night from above them. They never knew what it was but it was annoying every night.

Archived