South Africa - Wineries near Capetown

supersecdd

We have a half day to tour 1 or 2 wineries as part of a day tour I am putting together. We are not big wine drinkers but enjoyed visiting the California wineries. What is the most interesting winery to visit, with the best mountainous scenery there or along the way from Capetown?

Debbie

Florida

Kitchen Thief is the name of their wine. They also had a beautiful orchid garden. Wine tasting in SA is way superior to California and anywhere else in North America. They serve much larger glasses than what you get here and also give you cheese or nibbles so that you can taste the difference between the wines. The best wineries are in Schonboek (I think I am spelling that correctly)

We have a half day to tour 1 or 2 wineries as part of a day tour I am putting together.
If you are only going to allow half a day and you're starting and ending in Cape Town, then IMHO you haven't really got time to get out to the main wine area (Franschhoek / Paarl / Stellenbosch) and will have to stick to the wineries in Cape Town itself - look at the ones clustered in Constantia. There's some good lunching to be had around those parts too.
The best wineries are in Schonboek (I think I am spelling that correctly)
:confused:

If you are only going to allow half a day and you're starting and ending in Cape Town, then IMHO you haven't really got time to get out to the main wine area (Franschhoek / Paarl / Stellenbosch) and will have to stick to the wineries in Cape Town itself - look at the ones clustered in Constantia. There's some good lunching to be had around those parts too.:confused:

Agree. Both Klein Constantia and Groot Constantia are perfect for a half day visit.