If you had to pick one......

cot427

If you had to pick one restaurant for lunch in Key West, what would it be? We will primarily spend our day on Duval Street or neighborhooding streets, in that area. What is the best place to eat, that you cannot miss when eating lunch in Key West?

Also, where is a great dessert place or sweet shop?

I love both Louie's Backyard and Cafe Latitudes on Sunset Key which requires a free boat ride out to Sunset Key. You can arrange the boat ride with the Westin Concierge. Louie's Backyard is actually in Key West and requires no boat ride. It has a lovely water view.

If you are looking for something cheaper, many folks recommend the highly unusual B.O.'s Fish Wagon.

Cheapest yet is another favorite of mine. Buy food to take out to Fort Zachary Taylor State Park, choose a picnic table and enjoy the solitude and peace there.

For atmosphere, a breeze, good service and food for just one lunch I'd have to suggest Duval Beach Club at the very far end of Duval Street. Under roof but no windows, right on a pleasant beach with an ocean view.

Thanks everybody for your suggestions. The Key Lime Pie on a stick sounds good, so we will probably have that for dessert before we leave. I am also going to Starbucks for coffee in the morning when we get there.

Then, for lunch, Duval Beach Club or Louie's Backyard sounds good if they don't want to take a short boat ride to Sunset Key.

Thanks again.

Okay, so I just checked on TA, and Latitudes Beach Cafe is rated #11, with 6 reviews, 5 - 5 stars and 1 - 4 star.

the B.O's Fish Wagon is rated #20, Louie's Backyard is #40, and Duval Beach Club is #103.

Thanks everybody for your suggestions. The Key Lime Pie on a stick sounds good, so we will probably have that for dessert before we leave. I am also going to Starbucks for coffee in the morning when we get there.

Then, for lunch, Duval Beach Club or Louie's Backyard sounds good if they don't want to take a short boat ride to Sunset Key.

Thanks again.

Okay, so I just checked on TA, and Latitudes Beach Cafe is rated #11, with 6 reviews, 5 - 5 stars and 1 - 4 star.

the B.O's Fish Wagon is rated #20, Louie's Backyard is #40, and Duval Beach Club is #103.

For lunch I like El Siboney Resturant. It's a few blocks off Duvall but worth the trip. I think they have the cheapest, best and most plentiful food you can get on the island. It's not much to look at and it helps to learn thank you, please and hello in spanish before you go (it's a Cuban restaurant) but the food is to die for. The website is: http://www.elsiboneyrestaurant.com/index.htm

My second choice is Blue Heaven. Outside dining with chickens at your feet (with chicks) and great food as well. Their "yard" where you eat is shady and they're located in the little Bahamas section of Key West. Their website is: http://blueheavenkw.homestead.com/Blue_Heaven_Restaurant_Key_West.html They're closer than El Siboney and just two blocks or so off of Duvall about 1/2 way down.

Randall

Thanks, I would love to try a Cuban restaurant, but the others won't, because they don't like that kind of food, but me I love it, spanish, mexican, latin, everything about it, I love the culture.

I can also speak very good spanish. Hello, Goodbye, Thank You, Please are the basics.

Blue Heaven also looks very good also, I remember that near the top of the list on TA.

Thanks again!

I'd suggest the Half Shell Raw Bar on the boardwalk. You can feed the fish from your table.

Another vote for Half Shell Raw Bar........they also have 50 cent Oysters in the afternoon..............

The tower bar upstairs has the BEST margaritas in Key West...........ask Johnny to make you one...........you'll love 'em............

Those restaurant ratings are meaningless, they are done by total count, not rating of quality.

Yea, I kinda figured that because when I was in NYC, we went to this restaurant and it was awful, then when I came back home to review it, I found it was in the top 40 of NYC. (Guess some people have no taste)

But for some reason, I still follow them, I don't know why.

For atmosphere, a breeze, good service and food for just one lunch I'd have to suggest Duval Beach Club at the very far end of Duval Street. Under roof but no windows, right on a pleasant beach with an ocean view.

The Duval Beach Club is now the Southernmost Beach Cafe....its been under new management for almost a year and is a definite upgrade from the old Beach Club. Enjoy!

Thanks for updating me. We were actually thinking about going to The Rusty Anchor, but it's not right in downtown, so right now, we checked out the menu for the cafe, and it looked pretty good, so we wrote down the address and phone number, we'll probably go there.

We'll be in Key West tomorrow, so I'll report back whereever we choose!

Thanks again.

Is the TA you are referring to TripAdvisor or something else. I frequently use TripAdvisor for inquiries about restaurants, hotels, etc.

Yes, the TA I am referring to is Trip Advisor, I frequently use them to view restaurant and hotel reviews, and of course, CC for cruise review, but I spend much more time here, and I haven't even ever posted anything in the TA boards.

By the way, if anybody is looking for my restaurant/Key West review, here it is, I forgot I said I'd post it in this thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=794570

The Duval Beach Club is now the Southernmost Beach Cafe....its been under new management for almost a year and is a definite upgrade from the old Beach Club. Enjoy!

Yeas sorry I still refer to things by their old names......been here too long I guess, 20 years of sun and rum will do that to a body. I still recommend people to places that are closed. I'll catch up when I'm older. Savvy?

You can feed the fish from your table.

No offense, but we really hate when you do that.....hense the "Don't feed fish" signs on all the poles. Feeding fish leads to flocks of gulls....which is the last thing we want while eating.

Back to the subject, my favorite is Conch Republic Seafood Company. They have gotten a little pricey, but I have never had a bad meal there. Also, the atmosphere, with the huge fish tank is nice.

If you had to pick one restaurant for lunch in Key West, what would it be? We will primarily spend our day on Duval Street or neighborhooding streets, in that area. What is the best place to eat, that you cannot miss when eating lunch in Key West?

Also, where is a great dessert place or sweet shop?

My pick for lunch would be The Schooner Wharf. The food is good (not great) but the atmosphere is Key West/tropical/laid back island living at its' absolute best. Good grub, cold beer, sitting by the docks, watching the boats come in & go out. Wish I was there instead of at my desk.

Archived