Portofinos

Does anyone know what's the earliest reser. we can get @ Portifinos. We have an excursion in Aruba @7:45pm - So we want to be out of there no later than 7:20pm. - Is this possible. Also, on the 2nd formal night, if we eat at portifinos can we go casual? - Thanks so much. Leaving on Adventure of the Seas TOMMORROW BABY!;)

Does anyone know what's the earliest reser. we can get @ Portifinos. We have an excursion in Aruba @7:45pm - So we want to be out of there no later than 7:20pm. - Is this possible. Also, on the 2nd formal night, if we eat at portifinos can we go casual? - Thanks so much. Leaving on Adventure of the Seas TOMMORROW BABY!;)

The attire is smart casual at Chops and Portofino. It's in the daily compass when you get to the cabin. I just looked at the compass I have and it says 6:00-10:00 pm. Maybe you should go there on another night?

If we get in there right at 6:00, we'll have almost 90 minutes to eat. -There's only two of us. That should be O.K. - It's either that or we go to the Windjammer (we have the late seating for the main dining room) - Thanks for the info. :)

If we get in there right at 6:00, we'll have almost 90 minutes to eat. -There's only two of us. That should be O.K. - It's either that or we go to the Windjammer (we have the late seating for the main dining room) - Thanks for the info. :)

When you get there, I'd tell the waiter/waitress, because in both Chops, and Portofino, it took us nearly 2 hours, but if you let them know, maybe they can move it along....

My recollection (which is admittedly imperfect) is that the Windjammer re-opens for dinner at 7 P.M. At least, I know that it did on the Sovereign last week.

First seating for dinner in the Main Dining Room is 6 P.M. That seems like a better bet if you'll be even slightly rushed. Why rush something you are paying extra for, and should savor????

My recollection (which is admittedly imperfect) is that the Windjammer re-opens for dinner at 7 P.M. At least, I know that it did on the Sovereign last week.

First seating for dinner in the Main Dining Room is 6 P.M. That seems like a better bet if you'll be even slightly rushed. Why rush something you are paying extra for, and should savor????

I agree. It's not a place you want to be rushed though. It's a night to really enjoy.

You can't make reservations for either Portofinos or Chops until you board the ship.

Go there shortly after you board, and make your reservations for your preferred night. We usually check the back page of the daily Compass which will be on the bed in your room. It will have a schedule of all of the week's events. We make our reservations based on that schedule.

Often I hear that people try to plan for the specialty restaurants in advance. We always wait to see the new schedule, and plan from that, since it can change from week to week.

I don't understand how you can "not need reservations." :confused: :confused: :confused: What if 100 people show up at 7 o'clock???

I don't know...that's what it says.....maybe they would tell them to just come back later?....it's a puzzler for sure. Maybe people just don't normally go there because of the attire thing though, since they may not have their luggage or whatever....

Archived