Pull-ups on Princess?

ToddlerMom

I've read conflicting things here about whether Princess allows kids to wear pull-ups in their kids club. Some people on the Princess board say pull-ups are allowed and that the counselors will page you for a diaper change. Other posters wrote that pull-ups aren't allowed and that your kid gets kicked out after 1 accident.

Anyone know whether they allow kids to wear pull-ups?

Princess states: "All children must be potty trained" on their webpage. But, then it goes on to say parents will be provided with a pager in case their child needs a diaper changed. Very conflicting information and I see why you are confused.

I am guessing, as with many of these rules, it just depends.

Edited by 6rugrats

I found a Youtube video from the Ruby Princess. The person from Princess said the kids needed to be potty trained but if they are not they will give you a pager so you can come change the diaper.

Wonder why they make this so confusing. Potty trained or not? It's not an either/or thing.

Princess is pretty good about this. My son wore pull-ups two years ago- there were no issues, but they told us if there was, they would just page us. This year and the last year, he was fine, but we still had a pager just in case.

FYI, you get a pager regardless of whether your kids are potty-trained or not. Everyone gets one!

• 2 years later...

I am reviving this thread.

Has anyone who sailed Princess this year know how forgiving the counselors are with accidents. Sailing on the Sapphire tomorrow. My children are potty trained, (3 yo twins) but my son , if occupied with something fun, may forget to use the bathroom-than uh no accident!

Will the Kids club be open the first day we embark?

The youth program is open the day you embark for signing up and then in the evening they will reopen.

Kids are often afraid to use the toilets because they are noisy and make a sucking sound. They are also shy and may get involved in what they are doing. My son was terrified of the toilets and would scream when I made him go. So if I had it to do over- I would not take him into the public bathrooms- I would use the one in the cabin and not flush it while he was in the bathroom. It was a big setback for my son- who would definitely try to wait until the last minute because he was afraid of it.

I would make sure your child uses the bathroom before going to the youth program and my son was not allowed to return if he didn't do his business in our cabin bathroom prior to attending.

Edited by rebeccalouiseagain