Horseshoe beach

klangel

Looking forward to our cruise to Bermuda. I'm excited to see the pink sand at Horseshoe Beach. I read on one of the post that the sand is not really pink. Can someone tell me what color is the sand? What other beaches would you recommend?

Looking forward to our cruise to Bermuda. I'm excited to see the pink sand at Horseshoe Beach. I read on one of the post that the sand is not really pink. Can someone tell me what color is the sand? What other beaches would you recommend?

.....the sands at Horseshoe are not Hot Pink like you are probably imagining, but a pinkish hue compared to white sand we normally see.

You might want to go over to the Ports of Call, Bermuda board, do a little reading and pose this question over there.

Hope this helps.

wasiii

Edited by wasiii

The sand on Horseshoe Bay Beach has a pinkish hue from the pulverized remains of calcium carbonate shells and skeletons of invertebrates such as corals, forams and other shells. It is pinker as you walk left into less travelled sand.

Here is a picture I took July 10th of this year.

ImageUploadedByForums1408707161.209367.jpg.02b9c50c7dd0557bfc8b54a91b7157f4.jpg

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

We spent all day at Horseshoe Bay and noticed that as the sun moves later in the afternoon, it hits the sand just right to make it look much more pink than it appears in the morning. It is pinker than Caribbean sand, but certainly not candy pink. The texture of the sand is awesome though and really good for making sand castles. :)

The sand on Horseshoe Bay Beach has a pinkish hue from the pulverized remains of calcium carbonate shells and skeletons of invertebrates such as corals, forams and other shells. It is pinker as you walk left into less travelled sand.

Here is a picture I took July 10th of this year.

[ATTACH]322815[/ATTACH]

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Yep. If you hold some sand in your hand you can pick out the small pink pieces of shell and whatnot that has been smoothed over time. It's really pretty. :)

Elbow Beach is also very nice, but further away and a bit quieter. There is also a beach near the Kings Wharf Dock if you run out of time. Sometimes there is a charge to get in. Enjoy the beautiful pink sand.

Yep. If you hold some sand in your hand you can pick out the small pink pieces of shell and whatnot that has been smoothed over time. It's really pretty.

We just got back and I will echo this. It's not an 'in-your-face' pink, but if you pick up a handful and look closely, you will definitely see the pink pieces.

Gorgeous!

You will LOVE this beach !! We were just there this past June ... and this IS a closeup I took of the pretty sand there .. . looked pretty darn pink to me !!

IMG_0089.jpg

Where is the glass beach?

Look on Bermuda port of call board. ..but best i remember it was 2-3 stops on the bus... (#7?). We basically just asked when dockside. The bus driver stopped and showed us where to go. It felt like we were going into someone's backyard. It was awesome! ! Some people opt to walk there..we def do not recommend that!!

Bermuda has the nicest friendliest people! !

Safe sailing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Edited by spidybabe