Pharmacy and beach questions in Progreso

HoustonLisa50

Hi All,

We're going to be in Progreso on October 8 off the Triumph. We're looking for a good pharmacy to hopefully find Advair inhalers (or the Mexican equivalent) for my Mom's COPD. After that, we'd like to find a nice beach to chill out and have a few drinks and a meal before heading back to the ship. My Mom will be with us and can't walk long distances, so places we can get to by cab will be the best.

Any advice on a Pharmacy in Progreso and the best beach would really be appreciated.

Thanks!

Lisa

• 3 weeks later...
Hi All,

My Mom will be with us and can't walk long distances, so places we can get to by cab will be the best.

Any advice on a Pharmacy in Progreso and the best beach would really be appreciated.

Thanks!

Lisa

I'm not sure what you consider a long distance to walk for your Mom, but from the spot where the bus/shuttle drops you off to the beach is just a few blocks. There are shops, bars, etc all along the street on your walk to the beach. As for a pharmacy, there are a couple within easy walking distance from the same drop-off spot. I'm not sure if they will have the items you want. I'm sure there are regulars on here who can tell you more in this regard, exactly where they are located, etc. I would suggest you take the double-decker bus tour when you arrive off the shuttle bus. Its fairly cheap, interesting, and gives you a bearing on where you are in town. We've been to Progreso several times, and enjoy the time we spend there. Good Luck ( Bueno Suerte ) !! :)

Lisa-

The place on the beach closest to the pier is called Eladios. They are famous for their "botanas" that are snacks they bring with each round of drinks you order. They are more substantial than chips and salsa and they vary each round.

This is where the corona beach party excursion is so if you like people watching and music you can sit outside. If you like it quitter then I'd eat inside.

Further down the Malecon (beachfront rd) there's pretty decent food at Flamingos. It's between Calle 72 and 70.