Just returned from 7 day cruise on the Neiuw Amsterdam Sa

Moerin78

We arrived for our cruise in Vancouver on Wednesday late afternoon, to try to adjust to the time change we had a late dinner at Blue Water Cafe in Yaletown which was excellent. The next day we explored Chinatown (be careful of your surroundings) and then Gastown which was very enjoyable, lots of small restaurants and shops. That evening we had dinner downtown at Kiran, probably the best Chinese meal we ever have had. Friday we rented bikes at Spokes and cycled through Stanley Park, easy and very scenic ride. Dinner that night was at Le Crocodile a wonderful French restaurant.

Saturday morning we taxied to the ship, we were in our cabins by noon. Because of wild fires in BC sail away was not as majestic as it could have been, we also had a lot of fog the first full day at sea.

As we approached Junea we had a variety of weather, fog,sun and rain We took the most amazing excursion, a van picked us up at the dock and brought us to the airport where we were given rain pants,boots with cleats. We then boarded a helicopter which brought us to Taku lake, we then boarded an air boat which drove us along side the Taku glacier, close enough to touch it. The guide was very informative. Then the the helicopter came back picked us up and then landed on the glacier and we got to walk on the glacier and have a taste of the melting water.

Next stop was Skagway, we rented a Jeep from Green Jeep rentals and drove to Emeral Lake in the Yukon. Well worth the trip! The scenery was incredible. The advantage of the car rental is there are many pull offs for picture opportunities and you can go at your own pace.

Ketchikan our excursion was cancelled because of rain and fog so we just walked around town.

Glacier Bay was amazing, listening to the ice crack unbelievable!

Be sure to plan excursions at each port because the towns are pretty much the same.

Our return trip back through the Inner Passage was beautiful, it was mesmerizing.

Disembarking very smooth

One of my favorite cruises!

Thank you for your report...I'm so glad you spent a couple days in our beautiful Vancouver (I was born, raised and still live right in the city) and enjoyed various restaurants and of course, Stanley Park.

Sounds like you really enjoyed your whole holiday. Living in Vancouver we've done several Alaska cruises and I love it-especially Glacier Bay.

Welcome back.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Glad you had a great trip. We board her this Saturday and really looking forward to our first ocean cruise. Driving down to Vancouver Thursday, 10 1/2 hour trip with stops. Still haven't got all our stuff out to pack. Have to do that today. Only two ships in port that day and our docs say we can board at noon but think we'll try to get there a wee bit earlier as it would be nice to get on so we can have lunch in the MDR. Weather's looking good for sailaway.

Thanks for your review.

If you happened to have collected up the On Locations (the daily cruise ship newsletters) and have a way to scan and post them, I can assure you it would be greatly appreciated!