Amsterdam #3322

mame42

I spent 18 days in 3310 a little forward of 22, but had no problem with noises etc. I loved the Amsterdam. Not as happy about the food, but I loved the ship itself.

Hope you have a great cruise!!!

I spent 18 days in 3310 a little forward of 22, but had no problem with noises etc. I loved the Amsterdam. Not as happy about the food, but I loved the ship itself.

Hope you have a great cruise!!!

What about motion on a north Pacific crossing? I am looking at 82 days; even minor annoyances could loom large by week six!

We were in #3328 for two weeks and enjoyed it. I don't recall issues with movement. As for noise, I vaguely recall the crew washing the deck in the morning every day or two. The OV rooms on that deck are smaller than OV rooms on the decks below; they're shorter. Because of that, we won't book that deck again. The views can be impeded by the ship's infrastructure, depending on location. It could be that the view straight out is fine but the view to the side is partially blocked.

We were in Amsterdam #3331 (starboard), opposite side of 3328 (port), so little removed form your cabin. Loved our location. Was not bothered at all by the elevators; only heard the doors to the open promenade deck a couple of times in 21 days. Your room has outside doors on both sides of your room forward and aft, each one cabin removed from you. It's possible you will hear the doors when the wind is just wrong and causes the doors to slam. To me the location was excellent.

Motion: Well we did have some motion coming back north into San Diego from our partial transit of Panama Canal. It was rough chop and we even had a few waves leak water through the door into the carpet. But that wouldn't cause me not to book that area again, still think it was a great location if you can deal with the shorter room and loveseat instead of the more usuale 3-seat couch. Enjoy, m--

Thanks, all. I travel solo, and I have comfortably occupied a Lanai in the past, so size is not an issue. Neither am I morning noise sensitive (galley noise or loud music in the wee small hours are deal breakers!), but quick access to the outdoors does concern me, since I am mildly claustrophobic. View matters, but I am most concerned about motion. Motion has never bothered me in the past, but I have never been this far forward before.

Congratulations! We were in that cabin for one night before the 14 nights in the one next door; it was fine, too.

One piece of advice I have being in that location is if you request a room service breakfast, make sure the door tag was taken overnight. It only happened once but it was still there in the morning. I'm sure it was inadvertently missed in being picked up. We were lucky to notice it early and had enough time to get some breakfast from the Lido before our early morning tour.

Mame -

I am presently in the process of booking this cruise and have gotten varying offers and widely varying initial deposits. If you don't mind, what is the initial deposit that your TA required? At least one of offer we received required a $15,000 deposit, which I believe exceeds what HAL requires even for a World cruise.

Mame -

I am presently in the process of booking this cruise and have gotten varying offers and widely varying initial deposits. If you don't mind, what is the initial deposit that your TA required? At least one of offer we received required a $15,000 deposit, which I believe exceeds what HAL requires even for a World cruise.

$2500 now and another $5000 February 2.

Thank you. That is what I thought. The original TA said $5,000 for the cabin. Now he is saying $5,000 pp., which didn't sound right.

Since I am a solo, I do not know if it is per cabin or person, samo samo to me.