Help with car service to/from Southampton!

Hello all! Has anyone had experience with Aqua Cars? They provided a good quote for transportation to/from Heathrow/Southampton cruise port, but I could not see if anyone reviewed them on Trip Advisor. We will be going in early June and the most popular service (such as Smiths) are already booked up on our dates.

Thanks for your help!

Laura

I have not heard of Woodford before so I looked them up. I was a little surprised that they have no address on their website and a little more investigation revealed that they have been dissolved

Registered office address Hedge House Hangersley Hill, Hangersley, Ringwood, BH24 3JW

Company status Dissolved

Dissolved on4 April 2017

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/06544915

I strongly suggest that you check your booking again.

I have not heard of Woodford before so I looked them up. I was a little surprised that they have no address on their website and a little more investigation revealed that they have been dissolved

YIKES! :eek: Oh my word!

Thank you Bob++ for the heads up. Back to the drawing board, I guess. I had this company booked from London to Southampton for 7 and then from Southampton to Heathrow for 7 in early July! Much appreciate the help!

[scramble scramble]....

OMG Bob! I'm booked with Woodford for the London-Southampton leg on June 4 and have been corresponding with them and from what I can see they appear to be legit. How do I get more information about them? Their website is still up and running:D

http://www.woodfordchauffeurcars.co.uk/woodford-deals.php

OMG Bob! I'm booked with Woodford for the London-Southampton leg on June 4 and have been corresponding with them and from what I can see they appear to be legit. How do I get more information about them? Their website is still up and running:D

http://www.woodfordchauffeurcars.co.uk/woodford-deals.php

An update on Woodford. I just contacted Cheryl, who said they used to service both commercial businesses as well as cruise transfers. They've recently sold the commercial business part and only service cruise customers, working from their home, she reconfirms our booking. They are now called Woodford Cruise Connections and are no longer a limited company.

• 2 months later...
An update on Woodford. I just contacted Cheryl, who said they used to service both commercial businesses as well as cruise transfers. They've recently sold the commercial business part and only service cruise customers, working from their home, she reconfirms our booking. They are now called Woodford Cruise Connections and are no longer a limited company.

We're back from our cruise and I wanted to tell you we were extremely happy with Woodford. Pickup was punctual and we had stops at Stonehenge and Salisbury cathedral, arriving the cruise terminal around 1.45, well in time for check-in and were onboard by 2.15.

As I mentioned in my earlier post Woodford now only handles cruise passengers, I was extremely happy with Cheryl and her husband Bryan's services and would strongly recommend them.

We used City Wide for the return to LHR and were rather disappointed, the driver was late picking us up, then stopped to fill gas, etc. So we lost a good half hour getting on the road. Then traffic and long security lines meant my nephew just about made his flight, they were boarding as he got to the gate. Anyway, all's well that ends well!

We're back from our cruise and I wanted to tell you we were extremely happy with Woodford. Pickup was punctual and we had stops at Stonehenge and Salisbury cathedral, arriving the cruise terminal around 1.45, well in time for check-in and were onboard by 2.15.

As I mentioned in my earlier post Woodford now only handles cruise passengers, I was extremely happy with Cheryl and her husband Bryan's services and would strongly recommend them.

Hello Prish,

Would you mind to give us the cost for the Woodford Pickup from London to the Southampton?. Our cruise won't be until May 2018, we got several recommendations but doing the cost/service compare.

Thanks

ChattTenn

Just another positive vote for Woodford Cars. We have used them on several trips from LHR to Southampton. And one from LHR to Windsor (for 3 nights)...then onto Southampton for cruise. And always for return trip from port back to airport.

They are a small but very customer focused company. Our very first encounter with them convinced me they were a company that would go "Over and above" our private transfer agreement. We were 4 adults traveling together and one adult had medical problem as we were deplaning and was taken to the hospital by ambulance. None of us could go with him since we had not cleared customs/immigration. (Neither had the patient but security took possession of his passport)

Anyway, we were late getting our luggage and clearing customs. But there was our driver with a worried look as we approached him....very relieved that he was still waiting. We had not even called him (brains other places!) He helped us get all of the luggage into the vehicle and asked the patient's wife what she needed to bring with her to the hospital? A quick repack of one carry on to make sure she had items patient would need plus electrical plus adapters and charging cord for iPhone, iPad....not knowing what she would learn by the time she arrived at the hospital. He drove to the hospital name provided by the ambulance staff before they left LHR. Took her to ER and dropped her off with the carry on and her handbag. The other couple and all the luggage were taken (now much later than scheduled) to their downtown hotel. And the driver helped them into the hotel with ALL the luggage.

OVER and Above service...yes indeed! And Also Cheryl is a "peach" to communicate with....prompt, patient, kind...always confirms info or answers and questions!.

I do not see any prices on the Woodford website.

Do you have to book with them before you know the price??

Do they get back to you within a day?

:confused:

Why don't you email them for a quote? We were 12 in our group, with stops at Stonehenge and Salisbury and paid £475, worked to just under £40/pp.

Cheryl is very prompt in replying, usually within the day, if not earlier.

Glad that worked out for you!

I've used Twelve Transfers in March 2017 from central London to Heathrow and plan on using them again for our cruise in July. They'll take us from Heathrow to London, and from London to Southampton sea port. They are priced very competitively, very professional, punctual, excellent service.

I had initially contacted Twelve Transfers but their biggest van takes only eight people, whereas Woodford has coaches for bigger groups, which is why I went with them. But yes, Twelve's prices were very competitive and they came across as extremely professional.

Why don't you email them for a quote? We were 12 in our group, with stops at Stonehenge and Salisbury and paid £475, worked to just under £40/pp.

Cheryl is very prompt in replying, usually within the day, if not earlier.

Will do!

We are so used to booking everything online, I wanted to make sure I didn't miss the pricing on their website.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Hi all,,

We just returned from a Princess cruise around the British Isles. We booked with Woodford for transportation from London to Southampton with a stop at Stone Henge. Cheryl in the office was very professional and helpful. Our driver, Allan, was punctual, professional, informative and entertaining. I would highly recommend booking with Woodford. We will again if the opportunity arises.....J

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all,,

We just returned from a Princess cruise around the British Isles. We booked with Woodford for transportation from London to Southampton with a stop at Stone Henge. Cheryl in the office was very professional and helpful. Our driver, Allan, was punctual, professional, informative and entertaining. I would highly recommend booking with Woodford. We will again if the opportunity arises.....J

Quick question about the transportation from London to Stonehenge and then on to Southampton...what time did you leave London, and what time did you arrive at the pier in Southampton?

Quick question about the transportation from London to Stonehenge and then on to Southampton...what time did you leave London, and what time did you arrive at the pier in Southampton?

Hi,

We were picked up at our London hotel at 10AM. I had purchased Stonehenge tickets in advance for 12:30. We arrived earlier than that but it was not a problem. We left Stonehenge and arrived in Southhampton around 2:30PM (if memory serves). However, we did not go directly to the cruise terminal. We stayed at a B&B overnight and took a taxi to the terminal the next day.