Why would You do 4 Days on Princess?

need2cruisesoon

My 14 yo son wants me to take him on a short cruise out of LA.

But the itinerary seems void of any really anything to do with he exception of Catalina.

Would he be bored, maybe I'm better off with a couple days at Universal Studios then the Catalina Express for a day on the island.

Any opinions would be appreciated, OBTW he's never been a cruise ship yet but planning on Alaska in June.

Ship: Ruby

Catalina

Ensenada

Sea day

Edited by need2cruisesoon

My 14 yo son wants me to take him on a short cruise out of LA.

But the itinerary seems void of any really anything to do with he exception of Catalina.

Would he be bored, maybe I'm better off with a couple days at Universal Studios then the Catalina Express for a day on the island.

Any opinions would be appreciated, OBTW he's never been a cruise ship yet but planning on Alaska in June.

Ship: Ruby

Catalina

Ensenada

Sea day

The first of this month I took my two grand daughters on a five day/four night cruise out of Los Angeles. I wanted to see how they would take to cruising. They loved every minute. My oldest grand daughter was in Shockwaves and there were plenty of activities for her. Many kids on the cruise and they all seemed to connect quickly. Theater performances were good on our cruise. Piazza entertainment was ok. Four day cruises should be considered a light sampling of what cruises are about. Depending on whether your 14 year old needs to be entertained or can keep himself busy will be a consideration. Catalina is great fun.