Bermuda private guide

fancycroozer

I emailed both Colin and Duke about a private tour for a Wed in May. Colin quoted $50 per hour and Duke was $40 for the same 5 hour request for two adults. I chose Duke as he was the first to respond (took only two days). I kind of wondered about the price difference also...

• 2 weeks later...

We emailed Duke and he responded within 24 hours. We have him booked for July. $40 an hour for 4 adults.

We have never been to Bermuda. I feel silly asking, but would we pay cash? American? I'm not even sure what the currency is there. I haven't thought to check that yet. Do you tip as well?

Thanks!

Just returned from Bermuda cruise. It was cool but we had a great time! Colin met us as we got off the ship. He drove the 6 of us (wild & crazy women) around the island for 5 hours. He was great and had a good sense of humor with our craziness! We stopped in Hamilton and ate lunch at the Pickled Onion (very good). We stopped at several of the beaches, and he collected some of the pink sand in small plastic bottles for us to take home. We paid him in cash, U.S. dollars, and we all tipped because he did a great job.

We emailed Duke and he responded within 24 hours. We have him booked for July. $40 an hour for 4 adults.

We have never been to Bermuda. I feel silly asking, but would we pay cash? American? I'm not even sure what the currency is there. I haven't thought to check that yet. Do you tip as well?

Thanks!

Yes, just pay them cash, US dollars is perfect. Pay at the end of the day/tour. Tipping is optional of course, never expected but always appreciated.

Moomduck1, where are you from? I'm from Luzerne County, just off 81. Are we "neighbors" ?:)

- Miriam

Moomduck1, where are you from? I'm from Luzerne County, just off 81. Are we "neighbors" ?:)

- Miriam

Hi Miriam,

Closer than you think! I am also from Luzerne County! I can't figure out how to private message you, or I would do that.

Chris

Hi Miriam,

Closer than you think! I am also from Luzerne County! I can't figure out how to private message you, or I would do that.

Chris

Chris,

What school did your children go to? My son graduated from Crestwood in 2009. When you wrote "closer that you thinK" it makes me think that perhaps we've met?

- Miriam

Chris,

What school did your children go to? My son graduated from Crestwood in 2009. When you wrote "closer that you thinK" it makes me think that perhaps we've met?

- Miriam

Oh, no, I'm sorry. I just meant that I was from Luzerne County too. I didn't expect to live so close to someone on the boards. My daughter graduated from Bishop O'Reilly in 2007 and my son from Holy Redeemer in 2008. He played soccer.

Chris

Currently on the Carnival Pride!

We did a tour with Colin on our first day in Bermuda. He was just as all the reviews said. Very informative and friendly!! We would definitely recommend him!

Just a note ...I broke my foot visiting the smallest drawbridge. I was coming off the bottom step and the ground is somewhat uneven and the step a little off. I turned my foot and snap! I'm sporting a hideous cast, crutches, and a wheelchair (which Carnival charges $125 to rent)

Nothing to do with Colin, but I imagine anyone reading this thread will be making a stop at the smallest drawbridge! Watch your step!

Currently on the Carnival Pride!

We did a tour with Colin on our first day in Bermuda. He was just as all the reviews said. Very informative and friendly!! We would definitely recommend him!

Just a note ...I broke my foot visiting the smallest drawbridge. I was coming off the bottom step and the ground is somewhat uneven and the step a little off. I turned my foot and snap! I'm sporting a hideous cast, crutches, and a wheelchair (which Carnival charges $125 to rent)

Nothing to do with Colin, but I imagine anyone reading this thread will be making a stop at the smallest drawbridge! Watch your step!

Carnival told me that I couldn't rent a wheelchair - that they didn't have one. Which is obviously not true. RCI let me have one for free.

At least 10 of us going on the October 12 sailing of the Enchantment.

Would like to set up some private tours. We have one problem that one of our group is a parapalegic and has an electric wheelchair. Does anyone know of someone that could offer us services that would handle this.

At least 10 of us going on the October 12 sailing of the Enchantment.

Would like to set up some private tours. We have one problem that one of our group is a parapalegic and has an electric wheelchair. Does anyone know of someone that could offer us services that would handle this.

Someone recently posted about using this source: http://www.access.bm/

Click on the link for Transportation.

Edited by njhorseman

Just came back from a Royal Caribbean 5-day cruise to Bermuda, Thankfully, I had made a reservation ahead of time by e-mail with Colin Jennings, who I read about and was recommended on these posts (thank you!), as it was a very windy, rainy day.

After meeting us right on time at the Wharf, He took us on a 5-hour tour of the whole island, which I totally recommend. He showed us places and told us tales only a native Bermudian could, kindly stopping for photo ops and basically, anything we wanted to see or do. A real gentleman too.

His contact is: colinjenningstaxi@yahoo.com

Believe me, all the posts prior to mine are correct, as mine is too, and hopefully, you'll meet Colin, as he is a wonderful tour guide!

Thank you, Colin, for making our vacation extra special because of you!

Nancy, Daniel (and in the future, Remy :-))

Colin - if you're reading this, hopefully, one day I'll enjoy the Bermudian Sunday breakfast (YUM!!)

4/12 We just used Keith Simmons for an accessible van tour -- ramp for scooter or w/c in middle of van -- easy -- with proper tiedowns. Room for 3 additional persons in van. He specializes in disabled transit. Very dependable and courteous personnel. We customized our tour -- St. George's, Swizzle Inn, Beaches, sightseeing, but he does have set eastern/southern tours available on the website. 5 hours $300 or less for less time. Genetta was our guide, knowledgeable and certified. A true find in Bermuda for the physically challenged.

e-mail keithsimmons@ibl.bm http://www.access.bm Call 441 505-9106

We had a wonderful time and would highly recommend. Vicki:)

I emailed Colin, Duke, and Hollis and haven't heard back from any of them.

A friend in Bermuda recommended Bermuda native, David Fox. He was fantastic and very flexible!

We had booked him for 5 hours, but had him extend to 6, so we could get lunch and a beer. He was first in line at the cruise debarkation point, waiting for us with a sign. We took many side streets, saw residential areas as well as commercial areas. We avoided the places that charged admission and enjoyed stopping, touching, photographing everything. He is thefox@logic.bm (441)334-7965. He called us twice before our April 21 tour to confirm and plan our itinerary. Great service! We shared his year old minivan with two other cruise critic couples at the regulated $55/hour. Hope you enjoy him as much as we did!

Fran

A friend in Bermuda recommended Bermuda native, David Fox. He was fantastic and very flexible!

We had booked him for 5 hours, but had him extend to 6, so we could get lunch and a beer. He was first in line at the cruise debarkation point, waiting for us with a sign. We took many side streets, saw residential areas as well as commercial areas. We avoided the places that charged admission and enjoyed stopping, touching, photographing everything. He is thefox@logic.bm (441)334-7965. He called us twice before our April 21 tour to confirm and plan our itinerary. Great service! We shared his year old minivan with two other cruise critic couples at the regulated $55/hour. Hope you enjoy him as much as we did!

Fran

Fran, thank you soooo much for putting the name of David Fox on this site. I, too had emailed 2 other drivers with no results. Emailed him tonight & he got right back to me with a YES!! And asked for my phone number. CC has made such a difference in our cruise planning since joining in Jan. after 18 cruises, this will be our 1st withOBC & up to a sky suite, just by listening & learning.

Thanks again Fran & AA my new CC friends.

Kathie

We've just booked with Dennis Hollis. He's offering a 4-5 hour tour. Five seems a bit excessive.

Any thoughts on that?

Some people think 5 hours isn't enough and book 6 hours.

There's no correct answer...you have to look at what your guide suggests and decide what you want to see. Discuss the suggested itinerary with him.

Edited by njhorseman