Question re: taxi from Port Canaveral car rental facility to pier

MouseGirl

Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me with a quick question. Our family is dropping off a rental car at the Alamo facility in Port Canaveral prior to our cruise. I have heard that they don't start running shuttles to the port until 10:30 a.m., but we would like to head over at 10:00 a.m. so that we can try to get in line and on the ship as early as possible. Does anyone know if I would have to call a cab in advance to pick us up at Alamo, and can you recommend any cab companies for us to use? Thanks so much for your help.

In my opinion there is not much difference in arriving at 10 or 10:30. You will be standing in line for awhile either way. But to answer your question you can ask the folks at Alamo to call you a cab...no need to reserve one in advance.

Edited by Marie51

Thanks for your reply. I'm trying to get onboard as early as possible as one of the excursions we want to book can only be reserved onboard the ship and has very limited availability. Not my idea of a relaxing way to start our cruise but unfortunately it is what it is. Thanks again!

Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me with a quick question. Our family is dropping off a rental car at the Alamo facility in Port Canaveral prior to our cruise. I have heard that they don't start running shuttles to the port until 10:30 a.m., but we would like to head over at 10:00 a.m. so that we can try to get in line and on the ship as early as possible. Does anyone know if I would have to call a cab in advance to pick us up at Alamo, and can you recommend any cab companies for us to use? Thanks so much for your help.

I agree with the suggestion to drop the family and luggage first at the Port and for one person to return the vehicle at Alamo. But if you want to stay together, then here is good news: 888-taxi with all their vehicles is across the street from Alamo - a 2 minute walk!

Edited by SteerageJoe