Norwegian Dawn questions

I have some questions about the Dawn. We are thinking of doing the Boston to Quebec City itinerary in September and read CC's information on the ship. That mentioned crepes on the breakfast buffet--can anyone confirm this?

There was also mention of a white party at least one night.

Is Second City comedy on the ship? I read some reviews that there was no late night adult comedy?

Are there any other things that would be good to know before deciding on the ship/itinerary that is really worthwhile?

Great itinerary and fun ship. Quebec City was the highlight for us. Check roll calls around the time of your sailing about crepes, entertainment, etc as those things can change a year out.

Number 1 tip on this itinerary is dress warm. It was very cold in all the Quebec ports - heavy coats, gloves, hats.

a month ago, the Dawn did have crepes made at a crepe station. Fillings were 3 kinds of fruit plus a vanilla cream. It was close enough to the soft ice cream station that it was easy to add some on the side.

They had a Second City troupe onboard. The late night SC shows were a bit more adult, but not raunchy.

They had the white party on a sea day ... in the new Spinnaker Lounge which gets crowded easily and is somewhat claustrophobic, at least for me. This party depends a lot on the DJ and that is the luck of the draw for your cruise. Don't plan on being able to carry on a conversation at this party or at most of the musical entertainment.

We had Tim Kaminsky as the comedian, and I thought that he was very good. He was leaving right after we returned to the states, but I think that he is returning to the Dawn on his next contract. If he is on your cruise, definitely check him out.

I agree with the other posters. But I only saw/experienced the crepes in the evening. Many times I said I was just going to order one and forego the rest of the dinner. They are so good!

White Hot Party is held towards the end of the cruise. Remember to pack something white to wear - or buy a t-shirt in the gift shop.

Second City is on the Dawn. Not our kind of comedy so we skipped them.

Also we did the Boston-Quebec-Boston cruise just the past September/October and we had warm weather for the first 7 days. I'm glad I packed capris. It was cold and rainy only 1 or 2 days. Dress in layers.

There was also mention of a white party at least one night.

FWIW It is called the white HOT party

Number 1 tip on this itinerary is dress warm. It was very cold in all the Quebec ports - heavy coats, gloves, hats.

Since the OP is from Minnesota and not CA, this advice is probably a little overkill. We rarely get weather that require hats and gloves that early in the season for anyone more used to the northern climate of the U.S. A warmer coat certainly would probably be useful while out at sea, not necessarily in port.

I agree with the other posters. But I only saw/experienced the crepes in the evening. Many times I said I was just going to order one and forego the rest of the dinner. They are so good!

White Hot Party is held towards the end of the cruise. Remember to pack something white to wear - or buy a t-shirt in the gift shop.

Second City is on the Dawn. Not our kind of comedy so we skipped them.

Also we did the Boston-Quebec-Boston cruise just the past September/October and we had warm weather for the first 7 days. I'm glad I packed capris. It was cold and rainy only 1 or 2 days. Dress in layers.

Same here. Crepes only in the evening.

Yes to WHP and to Second City - both family and adult shows. Adult started late at 11 or 11:30 p.m. All shows always CROWDED so get there very early to secure a seat.

Since the OP is from Minnesota and not CA, this advice is probably a little overkill. We rarely get weather that require hats and gloves that early in the season for anyone more used to the northern climate of the U.S. A warmer coat certainly would probably be useful while out at sea, not necessarily in port.

Hmm. I guess I need to clarify. Our cruise was the second week of October 2012. It sounds like September is a better bet for nice weather. On our cruise, gloves, hats and warm coats were necessary in Gaspe, LaBaie and Quebec City. But in Boston, Portland and Halifax the weather was warm and sunny. We were warned on our roll call, so we were prepared for the freezing temps and light snow, but many were not and got sick.

Have a great cruise.

Edited by herdingdogmom

Hmm. I guess I need to clarify. Our cruise was the second week of October 2012. It sounds like September is a better bet for nice weather. On our cruise, gloves, hats and warm coats were necessary in Gaspe, LaBaie and Quebec City. But in Boston, Portland and Halifax the weather was warm and sunny. We were warned on our roll call, so we were prepared for the freezing temps and light snow, but many were not and got sick.

Have a great cruise.

Freezing temps and light snow in October? I think someone was joking with you.