Nitpicky Questions Before Purchasing Cheers

SkyPiglet

On the Sunshine in March we couldn't get both water and alcohol at the same time which seemed silly but we also couldn't get bigger bottles of water so next time I'll just also order a case of water for the room to have larger bottles. Best part of cheers is having it paid in advance but even without trying we came out ahead too.

The larger bottles of water are only allowed in the MDR or specialty restaurants. You can get as many of the small bottles as you'd like.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Don't forget, if you eat in the Steakhouse the first night of the cruise you get either a free bottle of house wine, or 50% off any bottle of wine from their menu. Also, yes, you can go into the Steakhouse bar when not eating - I read a tip to go in and have a nice glass of Champagne there, before dinner in the MDR, which I have scribbled down on my planning notes :)

We did this on our last cruise. You don't even have to be dressed up to sit at the bar in the steakhouse and have a glass of wine. We got a couple of looks from some of the guests when we arrived in shorts but the staff assured us that it was fine and welcomed us.

We did this on our last cruise. You don't even have to be dressed up to sit at the bar in the steakhouse and have a glass of wine. We got a couple of looks from some of the guests when we arrived in shorts but the staff assured us that it was fine and welcomed us.

Sorry... don't feel that it's the right thing to do. If the steakhouse has a ban on wearing shorts to eat dinner, why do you feel you have a right to wear shorts while sitting at their bar and utilizing your Cheers program? The employees said it was OK because most employees don't want to rock the boat with guests and upset them. If I was paying my 35.00 pp to indulge in the steakhouse and I was dressed accordingly and adhering to the rules of the establishment, why should you be able to come in and wear shorts and have a rampant disregard for the dress requirements?

OK, after reading this now I have a question. The milkshakes that everyone is talking about, are those only included free with the Cheers program or with the Bubbles program also? And are these milkshakes only available in the actual shake shop? Thanks in advance!!!

OK, after reading this now I have a question. The milkshakes that everyone is talking about, are those only included free with the Cheers program or with the Bubbles program also? And are these milkshakes only available in the actual shake shop? Thanks in advance!!!

From what I have read, milkshakes are not included with Bubbles and they are available at the coffee shop.

Sorry... don't feel that it's the right thing to do. If the steakhouse has a ban on wearing shorts to eat dinner, why do you feel you have a right to wear shorts while sitting at their bar and utilizing your Cheers program? The employees said it was OK because most employees don't want to rock the boat with guests and upset them. If I was paying my 35.00 pp to indulge in the steakhouse and I was dressed accordingly and adhering to the rules of the establishment, why should you be able to come in and wear shorts and have a rampant disregard for the dress requirements?

Because the dress code requirements are only for dining not for sitting at the bar. You don't have to dressed up to sit at the bar in the steakhouse. To each his/her own though.

Because the dress code requirements are only for dining not for sitting at the bar. You don't have to dressed up to sit at the bar in the steakhouse. To each his/her own though.

You are a bonafide card carrying member of the me generation. Congratulations. Your offspring must be proud of the example you set forth.

I would agree. Unless the restaurant had a "patio-like" setting separate from the main restaurant, everyone in the general dining area should follow the dress code. The purpose of the dress code is to make the entire ambience and experience one above the standard fare of the other options on the ship.

You are a bonafide card carrying member of the me generation. Congratulations. Your offspring must be proud of the example you set forth.
giphy.gif

Went on Sunshine last July with the cheers package. Every night before going to the main dinning room we would stop at the steakhouse bar and have a glass of champagne (i think was about $20 per glass) and then a glass of wine to bring with us to dinner so that we had our wine without having to wait for the main dinning room bar staff to come around. We were they only ones in the steakhouse bar most nights had a great time experience with the bartender.

This sounds like a GREAT idea! (scribbling notes) :D

Just remember the drinks in the souvenir glasses aren't included in Cheers.

If you order the after dinner drinks in the MDR are you charged for the entire amount, or only the amount attributable to the glass?

If you're charged the entire amount can you order it in a non-souvenir glass?

I'm sorry, but lighten up. how does what someone else wears effect your dining experience or how your food tastes.

Actually, yes they are very proud of me as I am of them. I am sorry you feel the need to attack me. If you would like to have carnival change the rules, call customer service and maybe they can do that for you. We had a nice time at the bar in the Steakhouse and had some wonderful conversations with the bartender and the manager. We weren't breaking any rules and the staff assured us that our attire was just fine at the bar.

Hope everyone is having a beautiful day! Don't let the haters get you down!

I'm sorry, but lighten up. how does what someone else wears effect your dining experience or how your food tastes.
Rules are rules and in the Carnival steakhouse, shorts are not permitted and long pants must be worn. It does effect the ambiance of the establishment and thus the dining experience. The bar is part of the steakhouse and it's not a separate entity. When you go on the Carnival website and peruse the list of bars, Red Frog, Blue Iguana, Alchemy and piano are all listed. There is no Steakhouse Bar listed, which implies that it's part of the Steakhouse and not a separate entity. Since the Steakhouse has a dress code, so does the bar that is contained inside the Steakhouse that you need to walk through in order to get a seat at the bar. This is not a matter of semantics or a gray matter. It's black and white, pants are required in the steakhouse and since the bar is part of the steakhouse and does not have it's own entrance area and can not be considered it's own entity, then the patrons of the bar must follow the dress requirements of the establishment. There's nothing special about that bar anyway except a 20.00 glass of champagne that you can't get elsewhere on the ship.

Although I find this comment rather rude, I do agree with you about the dress code. If the bar is located inside the Steakhouse and it has a specific dress code, it should be followed by everyone who enters. Personally, I would feel rather uncomfortable wearing shorts into a place where everyone else was dressed much nicer.

OP-- enjoy your Cheers Package. IMO it is well worth it-- not only does it include quality alcoholic drinks, but smoothies, milk shakes, sodas, coffees, bottled water etc... And from what I was told by a fellow cruiser, Sake is included and counts as one of your 15.

OK we arent really drinkers but we are considering the cheers just because it would be so nice not to deal with paying for things all the time. The zero proof frozen drinks are listed but are the fancy alcoholic frozen drinks included as well? Like Miami Vice and such?
Yes, any regular alcoholic drink with a value of up to 50.00 is included in the program. The exclusions are tubes of beer, drinks with souvenir glasses, self serve wine or beer dispensers, and floaters. There are a few other exclusions, but 95% of the drinks are covered, as well as soda, juice, vitamin water, bottled water, honest tea iced tea, energy drinks, milkshakes, espresso based hot and iced coffees and alcohol infused milkshakes on those few ships that offer them (Vista, Sunshine & Horizon). The non-alcoholic drinks are unlimited and the alcoholic versions are limited to 15 pp per day from 600 am to 559 am.

I did the Cheers package last year in October and it was well worth it specifically not worrying about your bill at the end of the cruise. Before I left I took a screen shot from the hub app of each drink I ordered to calculate to get some dollar figure for what I did and I (excluding the wife) had 649.27 worth of liquor/poweraid/specialty coffee/waters.....Now I will be going on the triumph this October and I am sad there is not steakhouse seems that's where all the higher priced booze are!!

..Now I will be going on the triumph this October and I am sad there is not steakhouse seems that's where all the higher priced booze are!!
Besides a 20.00 glass of champagne, have not read of anything higher priced and unique to one of the bars located in the Steakhouse. There is of course an Alchemy Bar on the Triumph, where you can get great craft cocktails made with higher end ingredients by the mixologists. They also may have Grey Goose VX or Roca Patron, which are both higher end liquors that some of the bars have. YMMV