Pier 30,Quebec

seaair100

I saw that the Eurodam will overnight at Pier 30,in Quebec.

As the Queen Mary is at pier 22,overnight,I do not think the Eurodam will be reberthed overnight.

My question, since I have only been berthed at pier 21/22, is how far to funicular,etc.we seem off at far end of pier,according to maps.Any info appreciated.Thanks

I saw that the Eurodam will overnight at Pier 30,in Quebec.

As the Queen Mary is at pier 22,overnight,I do not think the Eurodam will be reberthed overnight.

My question, since I have only been berthed at pier 21/22, is how far to funicular,etc.we seem off at far end of pier,according to maps.Any info appreciated.Thanks

Being at pier 30 is not the end of the world but it is a little further walk to Quebec City. Tom's Port Guide should help. The Funicular is about a 15 minute walk as I remember from pier 30.

http://www.tomsportguides.com/uploads/5/8/5/4/58547429/quebeccity-06-30-2014.pdf

Shak

Pier 30 has a train station and grain silos in front of it according to pictures in Tom's Guides. Are there shuttles that need to be taken to leave this berth area?

There were no shuttles on the cruise I was on, we just walked to the street.

Shak

Called HAL and was told the same thing - no shuttles. Guess it's not as industrial as I thought it was.

Still confused, though. The guide for ships shows we're at Berth 30 but HAL documents show we need to go to 84 Rue Dahlousie - which to me looks like Berth 22. Asked customer service about that and was told to just go to the port and look for the ship or stop and ask someone who works for the port authority.

Called HAL and was told the same thing - no shuttles. Guess it's not as industrial as I thought it was.

Still confused, though. The guide for ships shows we're at Berth 30 but HAL documents show we need to go to 84 Rue Dahlousie - which to me looks like Berth 22. Asked customer service about that and was told to just go to the port and look for the ship or stop and ask someone who works for the port authority.

That's is likely what you'll have to do. If your ship is at pier 30 you will likely see a big white tent. If so that is where you will check in.

Shak

We also were at pier 30 last fall. It is a walk from berth 22, and we stayed at a hotel just across from berth 22. As we do not travel light, we ended up taking a taxi to pier 30 with another couple from our hotel. When we booked our hotel, we had hoped to be at berth 22 which would have been just a short walk with our luggage. If you are walking to the pier, it can be a hike from berth 22 to pier 30. Tomsportguides has a great map showing the distance.

The white tent at pier 30 is where you check in-they do not have a building there yet, which may be why you do not have a street address on your paperwork. By the way, leaving from pier 30 will give you some great views of Quebec City and upper town.