Question about purchasing specialty dining for several cabins at one time

momoftwo11

My apologies if this has been addressed before. I did a search and could not find the answer I am looking for. My family and I are sailing together and have three separate cabins. In the interest of saving money I would like to purchase 6 vouchers for specialty dining to save money on the per person cost. If you pre purchase 6 dinners and receive the discount, can they be shared by the 6 adults on the cruise (1 dinner per person)? I realize if we book specialty dining once we get on board, we will probably receive a discount but we all had our heart set on dining at one of the specialty locations on the last night of the cruise and would love to pre pay and be able to make our reservation for that specific night. We are not interested in eating in Qsine on the first night of the cruise when they need people to fill the restaurant. In case it matters, all three cabins were booked and paid for by one party on one reservation. Thank you in advance!

This was asked & answered within the past week or so. When you buy the 6 night dining package you are buying 6 meals for 1 person. Not 3 meals for 2 people or 1 meal for 6 different people. The meals can only be used by the person whose package it is.

Nope, nice try. The specialty dining packages give you a discount to get each person to eat at multiple specialties per trip, not for a large group to buy and eat at one specialty. One dining package covers one person.

They know a group like yours may really want one nice upgrade dinner or to try one specialty, badly enough to pay full price. They also know you probably don't need to eat at specialties 4 + nights, which is why they discount it if you do. All about maximizing revenue.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As others have stated, you will not be able to share the per person specialty dining packages. Just be sure to make a reservation when you first board and request a discount at that time. The last night can go either way, very full or nearly empty for reservations ... so get there early to make that reservation. If you'd rather pre-pay, they sometimes have discounts available ahead of time but if you want to pre-pay when no discount is available, you may have a harder time getting one once onboard.

I pre booked our 'Select' dining times a few years ago and I am sure you could 'Link' with other passengers so that you all ate together. I had to go through the Speciality dining section to do this, so unless things have changed in the last 2 years, it should be perfectly possible to book the last night at your chosen time.

As mentioned, this same question was asked last week. The answer is "NO". You could refer to the rules and regulations of the dining packages. If you all want to dine the last night, then make a reservation now or you could wait until you board and hope for a discount. There are typically discounts the first night and after that, it is based on supply and demand. Do you feel lucky? Be aware that in some of the specialty restaurants, tables for 6 are limited.