Future solo/single passengers might want to read:

DGP1111

In case you are not already aware, there is a change coming later this month regarding your deposit requirements.

This was shared with me earlier today by one of my TA clients, who knew that I used to cruise solo on Carnival with frequency.

https://www.goccl.com/content/form-policy/documents/SingleOccupancyDeposit_FAQ.pdf

I'll skip my editorial of personal opinion. ;)

Not certain why the link is not working well for all, but basically it's this:

Starting August 30, all bookings for solo passengers will require a double deposit immediately, rather than just the one deposit that was required for numerous years.

Solo passengers eventually had to pay that same equivalent later on in the booking, but now it is due at the very onset.

they need to start making some single sized cabins (like on NCL) so solo passengers have an option not to have to pay double.

They really should go back to the option of having the 1A cabins available to book for singles at a discounted rate.

Not certain why the link is not working well for all, but basically it's this:

Starting August 30, all bookings for solo passengers will require a double deposit immediately, rather than just the one deposit that was required for numerous years.

Solo passengers eventually had to pay that same equivalent later on in the booking, but now it is due at the very onset.

Mine won't come in either, but with this interperetation, we solo's are paying the price because some people who don't want to pay full deposits at booking, knowing someone will be added in the future, have abused this priveledge. Just a guess:confused:

Mine won't come in either, but with this interperetation, we solo's are paying the price because some people who don't want to pay full deposits at booking, knowing someone will be added in the future, have abused this priveledge. Just a guess:confused:

I've booked twice with just paying one deposit and adding the second at a later date. Both times I've done this it was the PVP's idea so I would not lose the cabin that I wanted. I think I may hurt some of the PVP's who use this tactic to get you to book NOW. I wouldn't have thought about it on my own.

I'm so mad about this I'm already looking at other lines. I also sent them an email. The rationale is idiotic. "to bring us alignment to the cruise fare payment."?!?!?!? Pure trash and gobbledygook.:mad: Seems like they're saying we're not good to make full payment. To me, $500 is a significant decision where $250 doesn't hurt as much. I pay per month the difference divided by how many months before final is due.

Email carnival (no longer worthy of a capital) at cclsales@carnival.com

Then check out a more solo friendly line.

Wow.. just wow..

I think I'll stay away from Carnival now.. haven't booked a Carnival cruise since they did away with the solo pricing, and now that I have experienced NCL, I may try an EPIC or Breakaway cruise in a studio :)

I am glad that I have already booked and paid my deposits on my solo B2B on the Liberty next May. Otherwise, it would have been pretty hard to book both of them at the same time, which I did to insure that I was able to get the same cabin for both legs.

I am venturing out and I am giving NCL a try, only because I am real curious about the Epic studio cabins. I was also able to book with a reduced deposit and that made it even more appealing.

I hate to think that CCL does not want solo cruisers on their ships, but that does seem to be the case.

Oh well, with 4 cruises booked right now, I don't have to worry about it until I get ready to book for 2014.

Wow.. just wow..

I think I'll stay away from Carnival now.. haven't booked a Carnival cruise since they did away with the solo pricing, and now that I have experienced NCL, I may try an EPIC or Breakaway cruise in a studio :)

Looks like we had the same reaction "WOW, just wow", lol

Just one more thing to add to our misery about all of Carnival's recent changes. Glad I have already booked my Glory cruise for next year. It will be the only time I can get an aft wrap cabin at a reasonable deposit. :mad:

I'm so mad about this I'm already looking at other lines. I also sent them an email. The rationale is idiotic. "to bring us alignment to the cruise fare payment."?!?!?!? Pure trash and gobbledygook.:mad: Seems like they're saying we're not good to make full payment. To me, $500 is a significant decision where $250 doesn't hurt as much. I pay per month the difference divided by how many months before final is due.

This is going to hurt. I just booked a short cruise, and full deposits at booking will severely hurt. I don't always want to cabin share. After my cruise, I had just 1 more to go "up the ladder", although it isn't a major milestone for me, but still is a milestone.

I was just today checking prices for a Solo B2B and found 1 combo for a decent (if 200% can ever be called decent) price on a ship that I like. Airfare is even low. I have time to book before the change, but I have a really bad taste in my mouth right now.

I did send off a scathing email to the address given above. Are there more or better address to send complaints about this?

I just wrote John Heald and asked him to address this. I was polite. While my first thought was scathing, I didn't want to jump all over some employee (after all that is what he is) without their having a chance to address this.

I did express that if true, it feels like Carnival does not want us, and that would mean my first Carnival cruise will be my last. But I did ask him if he would publicly address this and hopefully it isn't going to actually happen.

We'll see....

This just pisses me off!!! COME ON, CARNIVAL!!!! I've been cruising CCL since the Mardi Gras and a LOT of the cruises were solo....... Sometimes us single folks just want to go and don't have anyone to cruise with... It was bad enough when they took away the 150% cruise prices........but I lived with it....... and all the controversy over the past guest program. I am Diamond but I still didn't like the changes!!! Then they said my TA of over 10 years can't give me a cabin credit anymore!!!

AND NOW THIS!! It does make a gal think that Carnival doesn't want my business so much anymore....... and honestly after the 3 cruises that I have booked for 2013.......that might be end of my carnival cruising...........

Barb

Wow.. just wow..

That's exactly what I'm doing. I originally booked the Glory to Canada, but I cancelled it when I discovered I could do the Western Med on NCL Epic for less since they don't charge 200% for a solo. :p

I am glad that I have already booked and paid my deposits on my solo B2B on the Liberty next May. Otherwise, it would have been pretty hard to book both of them at the same time, which I did to insure that I was able to get the same cabin for both legs.

I am venturing out and I am giving NCL a try, only because I am real curious about the Epic studio cabins. I was also able to book with a reduced deposit and that made it even more appealing.

I hate to think that CCL does not want solo cruisers on their ships, but that does seem to be the case.

Oh well, with 4 cruises booked right now, I don't have to worry about it until I get ready to book for 2014.

I'm booked in a studio on the Epic. I'm a little concerned because I always get a balcony cabin, but I'm thinking since it'll be just me I'll likely spend less time in my cabin.

And while NCL's solo cabins are good for some, not all solo cruisers want small cubicles or only insides.... Great option for some, but not all.

I can relate to that concern. We'll see...counting down the days until I'm on the Epic. :D

Archived