Hiring a car at Corfu

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Greece Ports
Athens, Corfu, Crete, Katakolon, Limassol, Mykonos, Rhodes, Santorini, Volos
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:30 PM.
Bonnie Scotland
627 Posts
Joined Jun 2006
Next month,

We arrive Corfu for 8 am and booked car hire for 8.30 am to drive along to see beaches etc. time 8 to 3 pm so we hope we get back about 2 pm

Anyone been hiring a car and please tell me what the best way to go and anyone have map?

I hope someone tell me about Corfu a day with hire car and what the best way to go and don't go etc.

thanks

Scottishwee35
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Raleigh NC
24,584 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
We are hiring a car from Sunshine rental, I am sure they can give you a map but we are using a portable GPS for navigation.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Kirk

Future Cruises
HAL Prinsendam 7-15-2017 - Four months on the Elegant Explorer
Hurtengruten Fram 12-15-2017 - Christmas and New Years with the penguins
Azamara Journey 3-7-2018 - An Azamara World Cruise
HAL Noordam 9-30-18 - Vancouver to Sydney
355 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
We picked up a car right at the pier. They gave us suggestions and a map and it was very easy to navigate around the island. There aren't that many roads. When you come back, just follow signs to Keykyra and you will come back to town and the dock. This is the Greek name for Corfu town. If you look for signs pointing you to Corfu, you will be looking for a very long time.

We went to Paleokastritsa and it was a real winner. Lovely beach and wonderful boat rides around the shore and into the caves. There is a parking lot across the street from the beach if you can't find on street parking. Don't forget to visit the monastery when you are there.

Wish we could go back. It was a terrific day.
Raleigh NC
24,584 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
Originally posted by whystayhome
We picked up a car right at the pier. They gave us suggestions and a map and it was very easy to navigate around the island. There aren't that many roads. When you come back, just follow signs to Keykyra and you will come back to town and the dock. This is the Greek name for Corfu town. If you look for signs pointing you to Corfu, you will be looking for a very long time.

We went to Paleokastritsa and it was a real winner. Lovely beach and wonderful boat rides around the shore and into the caves. There is a parking lot across the street from the beach if you can't find on street parking. Don't forget to visit the monastery when you are there.

We are doing the same thing.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Kirk

Future Cruises
HAL Prinsendam 7-15-2017 - Four months on the Elegant Explorer
Hurtengruten Fram 12-15-2017 - Christmas and New Years with the penguins
Azamara Journey 3-7-2018 - An Azamara World Cruise
HAL Noordam 9-30-18 - Vancouver to Sydney
Bonnie Scotland
627 Posts
Joined Jun 2006
Originally posted by whystayhome

hello

I would like to see Palokastritsa and thank for your feedback.

I try my best to visit the monastery too.

Scottishwee35
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature