do you mind visiting same ports over and over?

What port have you visited the most on your past cruises? By this coming Thanksgiving, we will have been to Cozumel 4 times since last August. I would love to branch out but it is hard to get to ports from the middle of Texas! Time is a big factor when you add in travel.

JB

UPCOMING CRUISES:

Splendour of the Seas 4/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;4;22;18;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Rhapsody of the Seas 11/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;11;21;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Well, this September we will be sailing to Bermuda for our 10th time. We sail there about once every three cruises. We've been to a few ports multiple times, but Bermuda is they only cruise where we're repeat the actual itinerary. Others are a mix of new and old.

Chuck & Phyllis

I don't mind visiting most of the ports repeatedly. I guess the exception would be Ochos Rios which I can do without. Grand Cayman is always great to visit and It's always nice to take another trip to Stingray City. In other ports where we have already seen the sights we just head for the beach.

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=03>

<param name="day" value=19>

<param name="hour" value=17>

</applet>

Donuts, is there anything they can't do....

I've been to St. Thomas, Cozumel and Grand Cayman way too many times. I love them all but I would love for RCI to get some new itineraries!

Victoria, Atlantic, Nordic Empress,Tropicale, Oceanic, Grandeur, Nordic Empress, Legend, Destiny, Rotterdam,

OceanPrincess, Monarch, Grandeur,Navigator,

Monarch, Sovereign 5x's, Explorer, Enchantment of the Seas, Radiance 2x's

Up next Mariner of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;6;20;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Then Jewel of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;12;18;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I've done Eastern Caribbean 4 times and Western 5 (I think) and the ports are unimportant. We stay on the ship in Ocho Rios but love Cozumel and also have vacationed there for a week at a time on 3 occasions. The ship and it's activities are the main event, IMHO. (Actually, I love sea days. Maybe I need to look into a repositioning cruise!)

Voyager of the Seas, Explorer of the Seas, Disney Magic, Grand Princess, Volendam, Amsterdam, Zuiderdam, Millenium, Navigator of the Seas

my last 3 cruises were all on the somewhat same itenerary, with all hitting Bermuda on its ports. So, needless to say i have been to bermuda 3 times....we just booked our 4th cruise, and the whole time we were deciding i kept saying : "i do not want to go to bermuda".....so, we decided on the western carribean for this up and coming 4th cruise going to key west, coz and belize.....upon doing my research i have found that in the years since i have been to bermuda things have changed, and new changes can always be a good thing....so, now i am ruling bermuda back in to a port that i wouldnt mind hitting again....hopefully new scenery, new things to do, etc.

Staceyhand.gif

1985 M/V Atlantic

1992 R.C. Nordic Empress

1996 Carnival Fantasy

Days remaining till Enchantment of the Sea!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;9;13;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

i usually try and do itineraries i've never done before so that i don't hit the same ports, except for the alaskan ports.

i've done alaska twice and plan to do it again a third time next year. i had almost the same itinerary on my two alaska cruises, the only difference being that on the first one i get sitka and on the second one we got skagway. needless to say, i've done juneau and ketchikan and glacier bay (though thats not a true "port") twice, and i can honestly say that no matter how many times i do an alaskan port city it will never be enough! its so gorgeous and wonderful in alaska that i've considered maybe in the future getting a summer home up there or something!

ultimately though, i think we all go for the cruising experience more than for the port experience, so any cruise, any port, any itinerary is great for me!

jstducky!

-----------------

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;9;11;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

...til 9/04 - Jewel of the Seas - Canada / New England

====================================

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;7;10;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

...til 7/04 - Zuiderdam - Western Caribbean

=====================================

7/03 - Zaandam - Alaska

4/03 - Norweigan Star - Hawaii

7/96 - Noordam - Alaska

7/96 - Golden Princess - Alaska

8/95 - Jubilee - Mexican Riviera

Hi,

We have done 20 cruises. 2 to Hawaii, 2 to Mexico, and 16 to the Caribbean. We still love St. Thomas, St. Maarten, San Juan, and Aruba, no matter how many times we see them. icon_biggrin.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;12;3;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

UNTIL WE FLY TO SAN JUAN TO SAIL THE NORDIC EMPRESS. **10 ISLANDS IN 11 NIGHTS**

12/06/04 VISIT OUR ROLL CALL HERE <center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

Lets think........some old been to it a bunch of times port...or at work cubicle?

HHHMMMM...OK one more time in Cozumel!!!

Al Rosenberg

Navigator of the Seas 06 November 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FF0000&cdt=2004;11;06;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Radiance of the Seas 03/04

Navigator of the Seas 10/03

Carnival Pride 03/03

Norwegian Sun 10/02

Dawn Princess 03/02

Sensation 09/01

Carnival Destiny 03/01

24 cruises....all in Caribbean except 1 Hawaii and 1 Bermuda.....don't care where the ship goes because to me the ship is the vacation.

You can visit the same island several times and do differant things.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;10;2;19;0;00&timezone=GMT+0100

First ever European adventure on Splendour of Seas

We are going on our 9th cruise this May 2nd and we have decided that what we really love about cruising is the ship. We have gotten to the point we really don't care about the ports because chances are we are not going to get off anyway. We love port days when most people go off the ship and we have it to ourselves. Now we just look for good deals and we don't care where it is going. icon_biggrin.gif

8 Cruises

Admiral/Stardancer

NCL/Sea and Sky

Holland America/Ryndam X2

RCL/Grandeur of the Sea

Celebrity/Mercury and Summit

I agree with cruisn fool, The ship is the vac. I used to say just sail straight out into the ocean for 3 and ahalf days then sail back to port. But with that said I don't mind going to the places I like over and over after all don't we do that here at home. But I won't go back to the places I didn't like. ie. if Jamiaca is on the itinery they can keep it.

Serenade 10/30/03

Destiny 6/02

Monarch 5/99

Holiday 4/98

Tropical 6/95

Asure Seas 3/93

Asure Seas 5/91

Holiday 3/88

Ms Southward 5/85

I don't mind but DH likes different ports so I try to find something that he only has to see one port again instead of 2 or 3.

Debbie

Carnival Destiny 2/8/04

Grand Princess 7/6/03

RCL - Nordic Empress 2/03 & 4/02

Crown Dynasty 7/00

Queen of Bermuda 7/87

Carnival - Mardi Gras 11/75

Ditto Chuck and Phyllis- We never tire of going to Bermuda and try to cruise there at least once a year because it is so convenient from New York. Our favorite southern port is Nassau where we can return again to Club Med Paradise Island where we spent many weeks playing tennis when we were younger.

The only port we are tired of visiting is St. Thomas. Too many ships and too many people on the same day often requiring tendering.

I cant stand going to St. Thomas anymore... Now when we go there on the ship we might get off and go to the little shopping area right at the port. Other than that we stay on the boat..

I could and do go to Aruba a lot, We go there for about 3 weeks a year land vacations, and have been there 2 times on cruises in the past 4 months... We love it...

15 Cruises since 1999

Jewel of the Seas.. Scandanavia/Russia

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;5;28;17;00;00&timezone=GMT+0000

50 plus times to St. Thomas (could skip it) but it's the only way to get to St. John...St. Maarten...five times and love that also....

Wouldn't care if I ever went back to:

Curacao

Bahamas

Cozumel

Nordic Empress..*****11/04

Radiance of the Seas****3/04

Serenade of the Seas

Adventure of the Seas

Majesty of the Seas

Century (Celebrity)

Song of America

Monarch of the Seas

wallie5446

posted 04-13-04 07:09 AM

I think Big Al said it all !

Where did Bi Al say this . Its not in this thread

Serenade 10/30/03

Destiny 6/02

Monarch 5/99

Holiday 4/98

Tropical 6/95

Asure Seas 3/93

Asure Seas 5/91

Holiday 3/88

Ms Southward 5/85

i don't mind repeating stops, but the one place i have seen enough of in my lifetime is ochos rios. have done it 3 times and was with different groups of people each time - so i have climbed the falls 3 times. enough!!!!!

have been to grand cayman a few times, but as long as we snorkel at a different place, it feels different to me!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;05;16;22;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Voyager of the Seas

Tahitian Princess - 10/03 (Our Honeymoon)

Carnival Paradise - 08/02

Our favorite itinerary by far is the southern route, however, we usually try to do something different in each port that we haven't done before. I could sit on the beach on St. Lucia or Antiqua every year for the rest of my life and be a happy girl.

Royal Majesty '89,'90'91

Nordic Empress '95

Galaxy'98

Century '99

Majesty of the Seas '01

Constellation ''03

Mariner of the Seas '04

I don't mind repeating ports, but usually try for an intinerary that adds at least one new port of call to our experience. We try to go to a different beach at St. Thomas, St. Martin or Cozumel. Variety keeps the stops interesting. We also try to do different tours if the port is not famous for beautiful beaches; cave tubing at Belize, Ocean to Ocean train tour at Panama, etc.

Bon Voyage

Celebrity Millennium 2/22/04

Carnival Conquest 10/26/2003

Carnival Legend 4/11/2003

Carnival Pride 2/23/2002

Celebrity Galaxy 11/2001

Grand Princess 3/2001

Celebrity Millennium 9/9/2000

Sea Princess 2/22/1999

Vison of the Seas 10/28/1998

Rhapsody of the Seas 3/1998

Celebrity Century 3/1997