Dinner with Officers

toby517

Does anyone know if NCL still offers Dinner with the Officers. We did this on 2 previous cruises and enjoyed it. Wondering if they still have it or has it been done away with along with Lobster night and Chocolate Buffet.

We are sailing on the Gem in Sept.

Thanks

Does anyone know if NCL still offers Dinner with the Officers. We did this on 2 previous cruises and enjoyed it. Wondering if they still have it or has it been done away with along with Lobster night and Chocolate Buffet.

Thanks

I do not recall seeing anything about this when we were on the Gem in May. If it is still offered it may be by invitation only.

I have seen it offered recently at some Cruise Critic Meet and Greets. Can't tell you, though, when I saw if offered last - I don't pay much attention to it as it's something we're not really interested in. It definitely varied cruise to cruise, but I think if it's something you would like, go to the M&G and ask the staff.

Robin

Edited by Fishbait17

I returned from the Jewel on 7/5. It was being offered on that sailing and was published in the dailies for the first few days. I knew from reading CC that there would probably be a sign-up sheet at the meet & mingle. there were about 40 prople dining with officers that night. We were fortunate to dine with the Captain (I'm pretty sure it was because we signed up at the (meet & mingle). I had never heard about this and ask yhe captain if this was new and he said they have been doing it for a while. Perhaps I was just too busy on previous sailings to notice the offering.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Forums mobile app

On our cruise in June on the Spirit, we signed up for dinner with an officer. We, and another couple, were invited to dinner with the Navigator. We were served flutes of Champagne, then were seated in the dining room. The waiters were very attentive, and we were given free wine (bottle for wife and I, bottle for other couple). The Navigator was fascinating, as he was able to answer a number of my technical questions (i.e., why did we not sail between Giglio and Italy - because it's now illegal according to Italian law).

There was no lobster on this sailing in the main dining rooms. Come to think of it, no shrimp cocktail, and no escargot either. There was a Chocoholic Buffet one night, with things beautiful to look at and even somewhat tasty.

Thanks

Yes...it is still offered and will be available for our cruise on the Gem.

On POA this past Thanksgiving and on The Breakaway this past May I was selected to have dinner with officers. Small # of us dining and very attentive service in the dining room! Very pleasant experiences! Glad I was chosen!

Thanks for the replies. We'll sign up at the meet and greet.

If they don't have a sign up sheet at the M&G, ask the NCL group coordinator about it while you're there. If it's possible, he/she will take care of it!

Robin

Edited by Fishbait17

Thanks

The very FIRST thing I do when boarding the ship is go to the Guest Services Desk, ask if they will be holding an Officers' Dinner that cruise and sign up right then. Then I do not forget. Enjoy