Yukon - Skagway Denver Glacier Dogsledding

travelingman

Will be in Skagway May 28, 2005. We would like to do the dogsledding and the Emerald Lake drive. Have read some about helicopter trips for the dogsledding being cancelled due to weather. Was wondering if you have any advice on what time of day is better for the dogsledding?

Thanks for all of your advice you give and I have already printed off your milepost by milepost drive itinerary.

Thanks.

Stan

http://www.temscoair.com is the only company out of Skagway for glacier dog sledding. No guarantees on weather so don't even bother worrying about it. Myself I book morning flights, but flight schedules now are tight and fully booked- it is unlikely you would get another slot if canceled.

We did the dogsledding first thing in the morning with Temsco out of Skagway. Again, no guarantees about the weather at any time of day, but it was nice and quiet. We were the only ones up there and it was after we returned that we noticed the large groups from the ships in their office and waiting for helicopter after helicopter.

Archived