The Queen to name Britannia!

P&O SUE

We did our first cruise in 1995 for our 25th wedding anniversary - last leg of the world cruise on Canberra. Oriana was in Southampton to be named by the Queen. Have been on Oriana 16 times since and she remains our favourite ship. We are now having to get used to the bigger ships, but we're getting there and perhaps will do Britannia next year.

We will be on her for a visit on 13th and back on her 14th for the maiden voyage. So looking forward to it. How sad am I, I have to keep looking to see if she has left Monfalcone yet, 5 mins ago there was a tug at either end so hopefully she will soon be moving.

We will be on her for a visit on 13th and back on her 14th for the maiden voyage. So looking forward to it. How sad am I, I have to keep looking to see if she has left Monfalcone yet, 5 mins ago there was a tug at either end so hopefully she will soon be moving.

I'm sad too - how do you check where she is / has left? :confused:

Love it :D

Love it :D

She's on the move and heading our way. I wish we could be in Southampton to see her arrive, but work will prevent this. Shame it isn't a Saturday. Hope they do a live stream of her arriving and the naming ceremony. :)

She's on the move and heading our way. I wish we could be in Southampton to see her arrive, but work will prevent this. Shame it isn't a Saturday. Hope they do a live stream of her arriving and the naming ceremony. :)

:D Can't wait for you all to come back and report on her!

One nice perk the Queen will get is always to travel free on the Britannia.

But HM will have to chose between the Britannia, Oriana, Queen Mary 2 and the Queen Elizabeth.

For some reason I don't expect we'll be seeing her on our July Strictly Come Dancing cruise at the start of the school holidays .... :D:D

We live in Basingstoke and the local BBC news is bound to cover at least some of this...they like P&O and shipping stories! Might try and get to see her leave on the 11th for that short cruise. On her in September.

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched HM launch the Britannia. Good news the champagne bottle smashed. Good luck omen.

Why, oh why was the BBC reporter so negative. Cruising is a growing market in the UK, so why bang on about only 3% of holidays are cruises. Think somewhere about 20m holidays are taken each year so 3% is an awful lot of people. Hoping to momentarily desert Princess and go on her later in the year. Fingers crossed.

I have just watched it on P&O's website. A very good ceremony with some good entertainment - really liked The Red Hot Chilli Pipers.

Just one downer, they had the words of rule Britannia onscreen when the singer was singing it - shame they did not give her a copy of the words beforehand, as she fell for the regularly made mistake (s on Rule, so the meaning was wrong). I do not remember a singer making that mistake before!

Just watched HM launch the Britannia. Good news the champagne bottle smashed. Good luck omen.

Why, oh why was the BBC reporter so negative. Cruising is a growing market in the UK, so why bang on about only 3% of holidays are cruises. Think somewhere about 20m holidays are taken each year so 3% is an awful lot of people. Hoping to momentarily desert Princess and go on her later in the year. Fingers crossed.

The positive spin on that is that there is plenty of scope for expansion. Which is why we have three new large ships.