Cunard Tours - Queen Victoria

Freddyboy

Booked on the QV (Northern Europe 27th May)

Received great tour details and there are many listed for St. Petersburg

Can anyone advise the best tours for interest and value as we are not getting a visa and therefore have to join a tour if we wish to leave the ship.

You can leave the ship without getting your own visa if you book a tour with a registered Russian tour company. The most reputable companies seem to be Denrus and Alla. I enquired with both of them and the quote is quite expensive i.e $588 p.p for 2 days for a group of 3, covering most of the places. you will have a English speaking guide and a driver. Hermitage, Peterhof Palace, Catherine Palace, St Isaac's Cathedral and the Nevsky Prospect and surrounding area are the must sees. I am interested to know what tours the QV offers for SP and its cost. I am going on the 18/7 cruise and haven't yet received anything from Cunard. I know they have half day tours but am wondering if these half day tours clashed in the schedule. Can you share some info on the tours, please?

You can leave the ship without getting your own visa if you book a tour with a registered Russian tour company. The most reputable companies seem to be Denrus and Alla. I enquired with both of them and the quote is quite expensive i.e $588 p.p for 2 days for a group of 3, covering most of the places. you will have a English speaking guide and a driver. Hermitage, Peterhof Palace, Catherine Palace, St Isaac's Cathedral and the Nevsky Prospect and surrounding area are the must sees. I am interested to know what tours the QV offers for SP and its cost. I am going on the 18/7 cruise and haven't yet received anything from Cunard. I know they have half day tours but am wondering if these half day tours clashed in the schedule. Can you share some info on the tours, please?

Assuming that the quotation is for two full days, then you are looking at less than $100 per person per day. There is no way that Cunard will be anything like that cheap. They want $729 for a car, driver and guide for one day for three people!!!!

The range of tours are shown on the webpage for each cruise.

Can you share some info on the tours, please?

MZZ,

if you contact me off-list I can send you a scan of the relevant pages from the pre-cruise brochure. Due to the UK bank holiday it will be Tuesday before I can do it though, if that is ok. You can contact me via my web-site (url in my signature).

Jimmy

Assuming that the quotation is for two full days, then you are looking at less than $100 per person per day. There is no way that Cunard will be anything like that cheap. They want $729 for a car, driver and guide for one day for three people!!!!

No. it's per person. the 3 of us will cost more than $1700, the tip $150 will be on top of that.:mad:

We are on the QV on June 22. We have booked a private tour of St. Petersburg based upon a company we heard about on these boards. It's called Red October, they have taken care of everything. I didn't like some of the Cunard options and we wanted to freedom to see things at our own pace.

Our shore excursion booklet & doc arrived at least a month ago which would be able 7 weeks before the cruise.

I was in St P. a few years ago and took Red October's tour. It was two days. We had 8 people in our van. We had a driver and guide. She even changed the itinerary so we could see the Petersboro Fountains, since they were not operating the first day. They are a good company.

G

Archived