"L" Shaped Room # 6450 on the Glory

We looked for information on these rooms before our cruise, and found it a bit scarce.

I posted this on my review, but thought it might be good to create a new thread so it might be easier for people to find (when doing a search).

Our Room – “L” Shaped Room, just before the “Wrap” # 6450, Long Balcony. I want to take a few minutes to show the room… before the cruise we often found ourselves searching for information on these rooms and struggled to find it.

Our room was the bottom balcony (Deck 6 – Upper) and the last room on the port side (just before the “aft-wrap”). Here is an exterior…

2083373020102554210S500x500Q85.jpg

Inside the ship, you got to the back end of the hall, enter a doorway to a “mini-hall” which has two staterooms off it, straight ahead is the rear aft-wrap and just around the corner to the right is the door to room 6450.

2605844940102554210S200x200Q85.jpg

Open the door and you enter the hall with 3 closets on the left, followed by a short wall area with 1 chair and movable table and the fridge cabinet / “make-up counter” / 4-drawer unit and upper safe-cabinet with TV above. To the right is a plain wall (where in the other standard staterooms would be the bathroom). Straight ahead is the first of 2 good size windows looking out to the Balcony (about 4’ x 4’ each).

2624962700102554210S500x500Q85.jpg

I walked to the end of the hall, turned a little to the right, and we see the second window and the door to the balcony. At the bottom of the picture you also see the foot of the bed…

2534332500102554210S500x500Q85.jpg

I continued to walk in about half the length of the bed and continued to rotate to the right, and now we see a glimpse of the bathroom…

2412788540102554210S500x500Q85.jpg

…and from the corner of the bed we turn a little more and see into the bathroom a bit more.

2145399330102554210S425x425Q85.jpg

…to be continued…

Making our way to the foot of the bed (standing now in front of the first window), I rotate to the right a bit more and we see the head of the bed…

2734706040102554210S500x500Q85.jpg

I moved across the foot of the bed to the other side (standing now in front of the second window), I continue my rotation to get a look back at the chair and table, and the desk area. Looking in the reflection of the mirror you can again see the bed and bathroom…

2353794850102554210S500x500Q85.jpg

…moving back across the end of the bed and in front of the first window again, this time I rotate back a bit to the left, and we can see full circle, back down the entry hall…

2680285550102554210CRqMbz_th.jpg

…and again, with the 3 closet doors ajar a bit, showing the full-length mirror on the inside of the first closet door…

2740960890102554210S500x500Q85.jpg

I really could not get a good picture of the balcony…

We spoke Saturday night to our steward (Johnny), asking about getting a lounge chair on our balcony. He did not know if he could, but said he would try in the morning. He showed up with it around 11 am, and we happened to be there. We tried together to get it to the balcony, but due to a awkward/tight corner by the balcony door,

2534332500102554210S500x500Q85.jpg

there was no physical way to get it out the door (and believe me, we tried from every angle).

For some reason, Johnny left the lounge chair sitting out in the hall for the afternoon. Mid afternoon, we realized we had a group of young guys in the adjoining aft-wrap. DW suggested that I ask them to pass it around the barrier from their balcony. I asked, they agreed, and presto, we had our lounge chair. (I later saw Johnny and told him we got it in, and suggested he not ask how… and I gave him a tip… - I also told him how we got it so he would know how to remove it in 2 weeks.)

Balcony size... We placed the big lounge chair at the aft end, with the head towards the aft-wrap and the foot headed towards the front (turned a bit towards the rail), then we placed the round steel balcony table near the foot, then a chair. There was then a few feet before coming to the door to the room. We placed the second balcony chair against the divider to the next "L-Shaped Room - 6448" - it fit there nicely allowing the door to swing open easily (with the chair behind it)... I meant to measure it off with my size 12 feet, but forgot to, but i would estimate that it was about 3.5' x 20'. I hope all that makes since.

Thank you sooooo much for the pictures. We have this cabin booked on Splendor, only it's on Empress deck.

Splendor is close to a Conquest build, so they will probably be similar.

Again, thanks. I'm putting this page in "My Favorites." :)

Pat

I had this same cabin on Conquest. It was great. Our friends had wraparound 6452 & we opened balcony divider to create one HUGE balcony. One slight problem was when opening the divider...it blocked one of our windows but that gigantic balcony shared with friends made up for it. :D

Our original plan was for friends to book 6442, on the other side of us so we could connect all 3 balconies but that plan didn't work. The divider would have to block one door or the other.

I had this same cabin on Conquest. It was great. Our friends had wraparound 6452 & we opened balcony divider to create one HUGE balcony. One slight problem was when opening the divider...it blocked one of our windows but that gigantic balcony shared with friends made up for it. :D

Our original plan was for friends to book 6442, on the other side of us so we could connect all 3 balconies but that plan didn't work. The divider would have to block one door or the other.

Yes it did! Wish we were back on The Conquest now!:D

Had the same room on the Triumph. It had a sofa and an extra closet, too.

47b7ce08b3127ccec22e021957c800000016100AcOHLNw2auGIPbz4Q

The bed was against the windows, though.

47b7ce08b3127ccec22eed4e177000000016100AcOHLNw2auGIPbz4Q

See the closet door near the balcony door? Big, extra closet.

47b7ce08b3127ccec22e4e24d6e300000016100AcOHLNw2auGIPbz4Q

This is the balcony - long & thin!:D Nevertheless, I fell asleep on it more than once & enjoyed it thoroughly!

Had the same room on the Triumph. It had a sofa and an extra closet, too.

47b7ce08b3127ccec22e021957c800000016100AcOHLNw2auGIPbz4Q

Good to see this... 6450 on the Glory did not have the couch or the extra closet.

I had heard some rooms had the head of the bead at the window, but had not seen such... nice to see how that works out.

JanesCruisingBuddy, We have reserved the 2 "L" shaped cabins for out cruise in Oct, thanks for sharing all this info on the cabins, and the pictures are worth a thousand words.

Also, just wanted to say "Thank You!!" for a fantastic review of your B2B cruise expereinces on the Glory. I copied and pasted (mostly the first week) into a Word document, printed it out and let those cruising with us in Oct read about the Glory, and e-mailed it to some others.

Again, THANK YOU for all the time you invested in your review!!!

Matt

...Also, just wanted to say "Thank You!!" for a fantastic review of your B2B cruise expereinces on the Glory. I copied and pasted (mostly the first week) into a Word document, printed it out and let those cruising with us in Oct read about the Glory, and e-mailed it to some others. Again, THANK YOU for all the time you invested in your review!!! Matt

Thank you... I am so glad you enjoyed it and it was of value to you.

Really nice to post the pics of the cabin. thanks from me too.

We are travelling with 3, next booking we are debating between 2 port hole cabins or 1 aft balcony. The 1 aft balcony would be more than 2 port hole cabins. We are trying to determine if its worth it.

• 3 years later...

Archived