Celebrity Food Truck

Ma Bell

Interesting idea and good marketing. Am skeptical that the food served will be representative of that served on the ship though.

Some really unique marketing. However, Gonzo, you would be surprised at the food quality that comes from these food trucks these days. They are not the "roach coaches" you see outside factories.

Interesting idea and good marketing. Am skeptical that the food served will be representative of that served on the ship though.

True ... but remember, the ships simply don't have the resources to match a great food truck!

Ma:

Here's the press release from Celebrity from last week, has a little more info.

http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1840017&highlight=

Some really unique marketing. However, Gonzo, you would be surprised at the food quality that comes from these food trucks these days. They are not the "roach coaches" you see outside factories.

I actually was speculating that the food quality on the truck would be superior to that of what is served on board - especially as based on the press release they reference fresh, locally sourced ingredients. As you know on board none of the proteins are fresh or locally sourced.

Thanks Ma Bell for the posting. What interests me is that this is taking place on the West Coast. There are many events in their back yard that they could be attending. Wonder if this a sign of a new or increased effort to expand Celebrity's brand to that region. I've been recently getting "special offers" for San Francisco residents ( I am not one).

Thanks Ma Bell for the posting. What interests me is that this is taking place on the West Coast. There are many events in their back yard that they could be attending. Wonder if this singles a new or increased effort to expand Celebrity's brand to that region. I've been recently getting "special offers" for San Francisco residents ( I am not one).

We do live the San Francisco Bay Area, and there have been some Celebrity culinary events around the Bay Area recently. They have been advertised in our local newspapers.

I'm looking forward to the "crab cakes with locally caught Pacific crab" on our next cruise. Must be a new item as I don't recall that one.

I know the crab cakes are in the Tuscan Grill but who knows where the crab is from.;)

Ma Bell:

Didn't want to go away from the topic (very interesting), but with someone from Celebrity posting I thought I give it a shot. Thanks for starting this thread and I promise to stay on topic.

Ma Bell:

Didn't want to go away from the topic (very interesting), but with someone from Celebrity posting I thought I give it a shot. Thanks for starting this thread and I promise to stay on topic.

A+ for effort. :D

Archived