CAPE LIBERTY 411 - Version 3!

megr1125

Does anyone know of a good listing of car/limo pickup at a hotel in Elizabeth?

(not a shared van) going to Port Liberty.

Hi Grace:)......I tried to find the card to the company I used and kept

it for a long time...now I can't find it:eek:...I want to say D&G Limo

but not 100% sure.....I even tried to do a search but it has been

3 years and couldn't find it.....sorry:(

Thanks,Lois, I will keep trying.

If I may make a suggestion.......I know DIAL 7 has been recommended

on here.....google them.

AND Trip Advisor is also an excellent source....

Or start a new thread with "Car Service" recommendations in the title:)

If I may make a suggestion.......I know DIAL 7 has been recommended

on here.....google them.

AND Trip Advisor is also an excellent source....

Or start a new thread with "Car Service" recommendations in the title:)

Dial 7, or any other NY City-based car services are generally not a good choice for a trip from a Newark Airport-area hotel to Cape Liberty. You'll end up paying more because their services in NJ are geared to running cars between NY and the airport or NY and the port. Sending a car to a hotel is a diversion from their usual routing and they'll charge you more for it.

For a local trip from an airport-area hotel to Cape Liberty you should really look for a local NJ-based car service.

Dial 7, or any other NY City-based car services are generally not a good choice for a trip from a Newark Airport-area hotel to Cape Liberty. You'll end up paying more because their services in NJ are geared to running cars between NY and the airport or NY and the port. Sending a car to a hotel is a diversion from their usual routing and they'll charge you more for it.

For a local trip from an airport-area hotel to Cape Liberty you should really look for a local NJ-based car service.

Oh..ok.. thanks for that information.

I would guess Grace needs to start a new thread for NJ Car service

recommendations:D

Car service solved....I should have just asked my grandson! He went to Rutgers and gave me a company name. I did get a res for a towncar pick up.

Thanks everyone for all advice.

Name of the company and amount would be great for others too:D:):D

ok, I was't sure I could do it, but since you asked........

AMS Limosuine

41 Oakland Ave

Jersey City NJ

201-339-7776

Cost they quoted e was $63 and that includes tip

Reading the contract, this is their hourly rate of $45, plus tip plus tax.

I first went to Limo.com, probably a clearinghouse for several companies. (grandson said to go there first)

tripadvisor has some reviews, mostly good.

Edited by gracecarmo

ok, I was't sure I could do it, but since you asked........

AMS Limosuine

41 Oakland Ave

Jersey City NJ

201-339-7776

Cost they quoted e was $63 and that includes tip

Reading the contract, this is their hourly rate of $45, plus tip plus tax.

I first went to Limo.com, probably a clearinghouse for several companies. (grandson said to go there first)

tripadvisor has some reviews, mostly good.

Grace, you weren't sure? Transportation companies are always

allowed:) I am glad you found something and in my opinion, that

is a good price too:D

I entered the following address' date=' but I made sure it routes me the way 138east suggests. Entering 'way points' in the 'trip planner' (I think that's what it's called) can help you [i']force[/i] the Garmin to take you the route you want to go. I used the free Garmin BaseCamp program to help me set up the exact route.

14 Port Terminal Blvd

Bayonne, NJ 07002

great thanks

Not really. GPS doesn't always work well in this area.

When you get off the turnpike at exit 14A, you go straight across the toll plaza and up a ramp that curves left. Stay to the right and go right at every opportunity until you reach the traffic light at route 440. Make a left, stay left, and make the first left turn onto Goldsborough Drive. This merges with Port Terminal Blvd and you just follow the line of cars out to the terminal.

The traffic pattern was reconfigured within the last year and the signage is poor - it's there, but it's often hard to spot in time to follow,

Thanks a lot..

Which marriott would be better? Courtyard, springhill suites by airport or the residence inn at Elizabeth. We are driving to port with our car and parking there. I have a free one night certificate. Is whats the advantages?

With a free night I'd stay at the Residence Inn in Elizabeth on Glimcher Realty Way. It's a little more toll money to get there from CT, but it is an easy on easy off the turnpike at exit 13A. There is a regular Courtyard next door as well as an IHOP, a Ruby Tuesdays, and the Jersey Gardens Mall. The other hotels are in an isolated enclave north of the airport by exit 14, but they can be hard to find if you don't follow the directions exactly. The only restaurant in this enclave is at the Courtyard.

Bottom line - Glimcher Realty Way is nicer. It's a little bit further, but not enough to get crazy about.

I've read through most of this thread looking for suggestions on transportation from Cape Liberty to LGA. The shared shuttle vans that are parked outside of the cruise terminal for approximately $15 pp - are they only for EWR airport? Would there be some shared shuttles that would go to LGA? Would the dispatcher for shared shuttles start a shuttle to LGA if we told him that's where we need to go? Our cruise returns to Cape Liberty on Saturday, Sept. 21. I'm trying to avoid paying a small fortune getting us to LGA from the cruise terminal!

Cape Liberty to LGA is not a popular route. Most folks are going to EWR and that's what the $16 shared shuttles are for. I don't know if the dispatcher would try to organize a LGA shuttle for you. Have you asked on your roll call to find others going to LGA? Have you gotten a car service quote for LGA?

Your only other option is to take public transit into NYC and a cab from midtown to LGA for about $35. To do this you would take a shuttle to the light rail station for about $5/pp, light rail to Hoboken for $2.10/pp, Path to 33rd St for $2.25/pp, and hail a cab to LGA. This is an easy trip if you can roll your luggage - flat access to trains and an elevator in Hoboken and at 33rd St to get to and from the train platform level.

Your only other option is to take public transit into NYC and a cab from midtown to LGA for about $35. To do this you would take a shuttle to the light rail station for about $5/pp, light rail to Hoboken for $2.10/pp, Path to 33rd St for $2.25/pp, and hail a cab to LGA. This is an easy trip if you can roll your luggage - flat access to trains and an elevator in Hoboken and at 33rd St to get to and from the train platform level.

Where exactly I can find a shuttle at the cruise terminal? Last time we were there it was so busy I didn't see any designated areas for the shuttles and such.

TIA

When you come out of customs, you make a left and go down to the end of the tent area where the dispatcher is. You tell him that you want to go to the light rail station. This is not a popular route, so you may have to wait for others. This shuttle drops off in the local area. Another destination is the shopping center.

The prices seem to vary. I paid $10 to be picked up at the light rail to go to the port, but paid only $4 in the shared shuttle back to the light rail.

For an 11 day cruise I decided to pack manageable luggage, park my car for free at relatives in Larchmont NY, and take public transit to Cape Liberty. MetroNorth was fine, but Grand Central to Path at 33rd St by subway was awful. Both Path and the light rail were super easy. When I do this next year for the EX repo, I will definitely take a cab from Grand Central to 33rd St.

When you come out of customs, you make a left and go down to the end of the tent area where the dispatcher is. You tell him that you want to go to the light rail station. This is not a popular route, so you may have to wait for others. This shuttle drops off in the local area. Another destination is the shopping center.

The prices seem to vary. I paid $10 to be picked up at the light rail to go to the port, but paid only $4 in the shared shuttle back to the light rail.

For an 11 day cruise I decided to pack manageable luggage, park my car for free at relatives in Larchmont NY, and take public transit to Cape Liberty. MetroNorth was fine, but Grand Central to Path at 33rd St by subway was awful. Both Path and the light rail were super easy. When I do this next year for the EX repo, I will definitely take a cab from Grand Central to 33rd St.

Thank you so much for all the details!

We are looking to book EOS this fall but the transportation from JFK or LGA to Bayonne port and back to the airport is so expensive that we keep putting it off.

We usually travel light so public transportation is not out of the question but we are still looking for other options.

One more question. You said that you paid $10 to be picked up at the light rail to go to the port. How did you arrange the pick up to the port or you you just called the cab? If it's the cab can you please provide the phone # for the reliable car-service or cab from the light rail to the terminal?

Thank you again for all you help.

Edited by Aldeya

You can call one of the three Bayonne cab companies namely Archie’s Cab and Van Service at 201-858-8800, Campbell Taxi at 201-339-8300 or Bayonne City Yellow Cab at 201-339-5000.

Is there a reason you can't fly into Newark?

Awhile back you mentioned about a different route from Cape Cod to the port in Bayonne. We would normally take I95 all the way thru CT & NY but you suggested the Wilbur Cross Pkwy and various other routes.

Would you please repeat those directions. We leave a week from Sunday. What would your estimate travel time be from Bourne Ma to the port authority.

I am having a family member pick us up at the port when we get off Explorer on Thursday, 8/8/13. What time should I tell him to get there so he doesn't have to wait too long and I don't have to keep my 2-year-old entertained for too long either? Is there any way to estimate?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Honestly, I don't know how long from Bourne. You will have to put this in Mapquest or Google to see what it says.

From I95 there is a cutover to the Merritt at Milford CT exit 38. At Rye NY there is another cutover to the Hutchinson River Parkway South exit 21 immediately after exit 1 in CT. This cutover is longer than the one at Milford and involves getting off onto I287 West and following the signs to the Merritt/Hutch. You get off onto a service road, go through a few lights and take the turn for the Hutch south.

The Merritt Pkwy becomes the Hutchinson River Pkwy at the NY/CT line. From the Hutch take exit 15 in New Rochelle to get on the Cross County Pkwy. Stay in the middle left lane, which will become the left lane when the road "scrunches". This leads onto the Saw Mill River Pkwy South which becomes the Henry Hudson Pkwy at the NYC line ($4 toll). Stay on the Henry Hudson to where it ends at the Manhattan Cruiseport. The toll is worth every penny.

The are no triucks on this route and you will avoid any traffic issues on the Cross Bronx Expressway or the intersection with I87.

you're welcome....

my experience with Wyndham is either super awesome or get me the heck outta here..... ha ha ha...the one by EWR is actually someplace in the middle....:eek::p

the CI is easier to get to....and you are much closer to food......no real need to fight the lunatic NJ drivers..(i am one, i can say that):p

My husband and I are driving to Newark, staying overnight at the hotel and meeting our family at the airport.

We are booked at the Wyndham in EWR in Sept. and leaving are car there for the 21 days...do they not have a secure parking lot? Your previous post has made me a little nervous about it. We are a group of 10 also booked on the Supper Shuttle from EWR airport to Cape Liberty, they told us that we would have are own van at the airport..again I'm questioning that decision. Can anyone help me.

Give us more details. What date are you arriving? What are you paying for the Wyndham with 21 days parking? What are you paying for Supershuttle to take 10 people from EWR to Cape Liberty?

Are you just two people with the other eight folks flying in the morning of the cruise? What time is the flight(s) supposed to arrive? What is your plan if a flight is late?